New Zealand Cricket plays down Vettori’s health concernsJanuary 9th, 2011 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Jan 9ANI): New Zealand Cricket has denied suggestions that captain Daniel Vettori could be suffering from a serious illness despite feeling lethargic for several days.
Vettori looked a shadow of himself in the field in Hamilton, as rumours about his health threatened to overshadow the first Test against Pakistan.
Team manager Dave Currie later confirmed that he was awaiting the results of a recent blood test, but played down concerns about the seriousness of it.
“He’s well enough that he’s played today. The health team aren’t sure what the problem is so he’s had some blood tests and we will get the results back in a couple of days,” Stuff.co.nz quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He’s got a bit of a fever and is feeling fluey. It’s gone on a couple of days, but he’s battling on for the team,” he added. (ANI)
- Vettori fit for Wellington Test against Pakistan - Jan 10, 2011
- Vettori recovers from mystery illness ahead of 'must win' Wellington Test - Jan 14, 2011
- Injury forces Kiwi tennis player out of Delhi Commonwealth Games - Oct 02, 2010
- Black Caps manager Currie asks players to avoid clashes during semi-final - Mar 27, 2011
- Southee under NZC probe for in-flight incident with female passenger - Feb 09, 2011
- Dave Currie's New Zealand team manager position to be reviewed - Feb 14, 2011
- McCullum 'desperate' to retain Kiwi opening spot for 2011 World Cup - Oct 28, 2010
- Tuffey replaces injured McKay in New Zealand test squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Coach Wright takes on an Aussie assistant - Dec 24, 2010
- Vettori says IPL auction didn't distract Kiwis during Hamilton Test defeat to Pakistan - Jan 10, 2011
- Oram ruled out, Vettori uncertain for Auckland ODI against Australia - Mar 04, 2010
- John Wright named new coach of New Zealand - Dec 20, 2010
- Bennett happy to find his way as change bowler - Jan 24, 2011
- Low response to New Zealand-Pak matches, fans feel not getting value for money - Jan 11, 2011
- New Zealand Cricket puts an end to Southee 'mid-air dalliance' controversy - Feb 12, 2011