New York Mets Trade Jeff Francoeur To Texas RangersSeptember 1st, 2010 - 6:46 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Sep 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After a season marked by consistently inconsistent performance, Jeff Francoeur on Tuesday night was ultimately traded by the New York Mets to the Texas Rangers. The former offered Jeff Francoeur and some cash consideration to the Texas Rangers to acquire infielder Joaquin Arias. The trade was completed just hours before the players passed into the postseason roster. Jeff Francoeur at present is hitting an average of .237 with 11 homers and 54 RBIs to his credit. He leads the National League with 11 outfield assists. As for Joaquin Arias, he has batted .276 in 50 games and has gone for 22 starts under the Texas Rangers.
Last season Jeff Francoeur had come up with some great performance during the opening plays. Many have pinned hope on the player who came up with some great strike rates. However, the strike rate took a down turn as the season progressed. While at the beginning of the season Jeff Francoeur batted .311 in 75 games, he went into a hiatus for a long time late during the season. He came forward with some occasional good strikes but for most of the season he failed to perform well.
It is his inconsistency and lack of performance according to many that led the Atlanta Braves to trade the player to the New York Mets. It is perhaps the same issue that has governed the trading of the New York Mets on Tuesday. However, chances are there that Jeff Francoeur will be able to show his talent under the new team that was reportedly in search of a right-handed hitter. After the trade, Jeff Francoeur said that he is happy to join the new team and that he feels he would be comfortable with the new group of players.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- New York Yankees Acquire Outfielder Austin Kearns - Jul 31, 2010
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Ryan Church Joins Atlanta Braves - Jul 11, 2009
- Reds' Todd Frazier loses his bat - May 29, 2012
- Lance Berkman On Verge Of Joining New York Yankees - Jul 31, 2010
- Jose Canseco Returns To Baseball With Laredo Broncos - Aug 18, 2010
- Atlanta Braves Acquire Alex Gonzalez - Jul 15, 2010
- David Ortiz Holds Winner Trophy At Home Run Derby - Jul 13, 2010
- Brian Schneider Agress To $2.75 Million- Two-Year-Deal With The Phillies - Dec 02, 2009
- Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers? - Jul 31, 2012
- Josh Hamilton meets doctors after apologizing for his alcohol addiction - Feb 08, 2012
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
- Aubrey Huff Signs A Deal With The Giants - Jan 11, 2010
- Atlanta Braves acquires Nate McLouth - Jun 04, 2009
Tags: arias, atlanta braves, cash consideration, dey, games, handed hitter, hiatus, homers, inconsistency, inconsistent performance, jeff francoeur, long time, madhuri, new york mets, outfield, rbis, strikes, texas rangers, tuesday night