New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers to fight it out for the season openerSeptember 9th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New Orleans, Sept 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) NFL fans couldn’t have asked for a better game on a season opener than the one between New Orleans Saints and the Green Bay Packers. The game will take place on Thursday and the two teams are considered serious contenders for this season.
The Saints have the upper hand in the last four meetings between the two teams. They have won three of the games with the Packers picking just a win from the lot. Packers coach Mike McCarthy is aware of the challenge that his team faces in the game against the Saints. On Sunday, he told his players that they should forget the controversy that surrounded the opening of the season.
The Packers had a private party to herald their success last season. McCarthy warned his team ahead of the game with the Saints that, “I think it’s the highest compliment to your football team and your organization (to play in this game), but after the smoke clears and the celebration stops, it’s a football game.’’
He told his players to leave the celebration to the fans and concentrate on their season which starts on Thursday night.
Saints coach Sean Payton knows the challenge that he faces. He acknowledged that, “That first game always has that added excitement about it.’’
- Its Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers today - Nov 14, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Colbie Caillat Performs The National Anthem Before NFL Opener - Sep 10, 2010
- Sean Payton's Team New Orleans Saints Defeats Patriots On Monday Night - Dec 01, 2009
- Green Bay Packers Beat Chicago Bears, Advance To Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Saints Parade Marked Champions Homecoming - Feb 10, 2010
- Madieu Williams Bags Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award - Feb 07, 2011
- Matt Flynn Gives A Remarkable Friction To The Patriots - Dec 20, 2010
- Former New Orleans Saints Linebacker Rickey Jackson Enters Hall Of Fame - Aug 08, 2010
- New Orleans Saints Does Not Remain Unbeaten - Dec 20, 2009
- Garrett Hartley Kicks His Way To The Super Bowl - Jan 25, 2010
- "Green And Yellow" Lyrics Upsets The Saint Fans - Feb 05, 2011
- Miley Cyrus Emerges After Embarrassing Leaked Videos - Dec 13, 2010
- Governor Jindal joins the New Orleans Saints in rally to support coastal Louisiana - Jun 09, 2010
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: added excitement, better game, celebration, coach mike, coach sean payton, compliment, contenders, controversy, first game, football game, football team, games, green bay packers, mike mccarthy, new orleans saints, nfl fans, private party, season opener, thursday night