New England football team kit may go retroMarch 17th, 2009 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.17 (ANI): A top Savile Row tailor has been called in to spruce up the England football teams kit.
Charlie Allens designer strip is due to be unveiled at Wembley against Slovakia next week.
The tailor was spotted in the National Football Museum, Preston, Lancashire, leading many to believe the kit will be in a retro style.
There are also whispers that the famous Three Lions emblem has been redesigned, based on a simpler version from 1948.
Snappy dresser and coach Capello, 62, hopes the fancy togs will inspire his players to winning ways in the World Cup qualifying game.
The new Umbro kit has been shrouded in secrecy, with FA top brass kept in the dark. (ANI)
- England footballers get special undies as they face Slovakia - Mar 28, 2009
- Capello on a collision course with FA on Terry - Feb 06, 2012
- England play Norway, Belgium before Euro 2012 games - Jan 06, 2012
- Capello resigns as England manager - Feb 09, 2012
- Capello warns England big stars to perform or perish - Jul 04, 2010
- England desperately needs a manager: Robben - Mar 01, 2012
- England looking for a revenge win over Switzerland - Jun 04, 2011
- Gerrard hurt, Liverpool may seek 0.5-million-pound compensation from FA - Nov 19, 2010
- Capello proclaims Vauxhall a `fantastic' brand for English football - Jan 13, 2011
- Ex-England coach Capello spotted at Moscow airport - Jul 12, 2012
- Fergie, Man U board to fight Roo's two-match FA ban - Apr 05, 2011
- 'Capello is a tough coach' - Jul 08, 2012
- Capello seeks Russian assistant - Jul 22, 2012
- England-Holland friendly at Wembley called off - Aug 09, 2011
- Hodgson set to be named as England football manager - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: allens, capello, england football team, football museum, football team kit, football teams, national football, preston lancashire, retro style, savile row, secrecy, snappy dresser, three lions, togs, top brass, umbro, wembley, whispers, winning ways, world cup