Netherlands team arrive to play practice matchesNovember 27th, 2009 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 27 (IANS) The Netherlands national cricket team arrived here Friday to play some practice matches against a local club.
The 14-member team will play four 50-over matches and two Twenty20 against Ferozepur-based Blue Star Cricket Club Nov 30-Dec 5.
Chief coach Peter Drinnen said: “We have eight national team players while others play in prestigious leagues back home. We are sure to give a tough fight in the tournament.”
“We have come here with a young team in order to give them maximum exposure. We would love to play in Indian conditions and the experience will help us to put up a better show in the 2011 World Cup here.”
Blue Star has some of leading players of Punjab Ranji team. The tournament, christened ‘Shaheed Udham Singh Memorial Cricket Series’, is being organised by leading businessmen and NRIs from Punjab.
“All the matches will be played at Tau Devi Lal cricket stadium in neighbouring Panchkula town and the matches will be telecast live on DD Sports,” said Sushil Kapoor, manager of Blue Star team.
- Tough to manage a team of professionals and amateurs: Dutch coach - Feb 26, 2011
- Punjab 20-20 Premier League kicks off in Ludhina - Nov 21, 2010
- 1956 Olympics: India's dominance continues - Jul 11, 2012
- Punjab offers land to Yuvraj for sports academy - May 02, 2012
- In IPL season, Chandigarh to play gully cricket - Apr 02, 2012
- Stay away from drugs, Dharmendra tells Punjabi youth - Feb 08, 2011
- Pakistan players excited about playing in WSH - Feb 29, 2012
- Ganguly-led technical committee calls for Ranji overhaul - Jun 12, 2012
- Promising domestic players are excelling in IPL - May 05, 2012
- Punjab picks medium-pacer Lumba in place of Sharma - Nov 14, 2009
- 230 km from Lahore, the nearest Pakistan can hope to play from home - Mar 29, 2011
- Mohali, the nearest Pakistan can play from home (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- Ponting bats for ICC move to reduce World Cup playing teams - Feb 22, 2011
- 3,000 cops pad up for India-Pakistan match - Mar 27, 2011
- Fans pray, organise havans to ensure India's win - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: blue star, businessmen, chief coach, coach peter, cricket club, cricket series, cricket stadium, dd sports, lal, local club, maximum exposure, member team, national cricket team, nris, play four, star team, tau, twenty20, udham singh, world cup