Netherlands dismissed for 160 by Bangladesh (Lead)March 14th, 2011 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chittagong, March 14 (IANS) Disciplined bowling by Bangladesh wrapped up the Netherlands for 160 in a World Cup Group B match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium here Monday.
Abdur Razzak, who took three wickets for 29 runs in his 10 overs, led the Bangladeshi attack which dismissed the Dutch in 46.2 overs. Ryan ten Doeschate remained unbeaten on 53 off 71 balls which included two fours and a six.
The Netherlands innings was also marked by four run outs.
Electing to bat, the Dutch were off to a slow start with openers Wesley Barresi (10) and Eric Szwarczynski (28) rustling up just 28 runs in 9 overs before the former was trapped leg before by Shakib Al Hasan in the 10th over. Razzak soon got Mudassar Bukhari (6) in the thirteenth over.
Szwarczynski and Tom Cooper (29) were then run out within three overs to further arrest the Dutch progress. Szwarczynski found himself stranded at the non-striker’s end while Cooper ended up having a terrible mix up with Doeschate.
Left-arm spinner Suhrawadi Shuvo dismissed Alexei Kervezee (18) to reduce the Dutch to 113/5 in 33.3 overs.
The Dutch had barely recovered from the loss when Razzak struck twice within two balls of the 38th over to send Tom de Grooth (4) and Atse Buurman (0) back to the shed.
It is a must win game for Bangladesh, who need to beat the Netherlands and South Africa on Saturday to qualify for the quarterfinals.
- Bangladesh beat Netherlands, stay on course for quarterfinal (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2011
- Scoreboard of Netherlands' innings against Bangladesh - Mar 14, 2011
- Scoreboard: Bangladesh vs Netherlands, Group B - Mar 14, 2011
- Ireland end World Cup campaign with six-wicket win over Netherlands (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2011
- Doeschate, Borren power Netherlands to 306 against Ireland - Mar 18, 2011
- Scoreboard of Netherlands' innings against Ireland - Mar 18, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: India vs. Netherlands - Mar 09, 2011
- Netherlands elect to bat against India - Mar 09, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: Ireland vs. Netherlands - Mar 18, 2011
- Windies will not have it easy against Netherlands (Preview) - Feb 27, 2011
- England have to watch out for The Netherlands (Preview) - Feb 21, 2011
- Doeschate sets up a challenging total for England - Feb 22, 2011
- India cruise to a five-wicket win over Netherlands (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Can Netherlands take their T20 form into World Cup? (World Cup Countdown) - Feb 04, 2011
- World Cup scoreboard: India vs. Netherlands (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: abdur razzak, al hasan, atse, bangladesh, barresi, bowling, bukhari, buurman, left arm, match, netherlands, quarterfinals, shed, south africa, striker, tom cooper, two balls, two fours, wickets, world cup