Nepals senior Maoist leader says no one can topple their govt.August 25th, 2008 - 11:22 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, August 25 (ANI): Nepals senior Maoist leader and Finance Minister Dr. Baburam Bhattarai on Monday said that no one can topple the Maoist-led government.
Speaking at a programme in Kathmandu today, Bhattarai claimed that the elements trying to hinder smooth operation of the new government would be wiped out on their own.
The elements the Nepali people overthrew are again issuing challenges to bring down the Maoist-led government earlier than the first hundred days. However, they will not succeed, Kantipur quoted Dr. Bhattarai, who is also the acting head of the government in Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahals absence, as saying.
Moreover, Bhattarai said the Maoists would not move out at any cost.
If attempts are made to oust us from the government we will mobilise the people, he added.
The Finance Minister also claimed that none of the parties can run the government if the Maoists were thwarted from governing the country.
We are not afraid at all, even if some elements boast their numbers of seats (in the Constituent Assembly), we will prove that we can sustain the government by mobilising the people, said Bhattarai, That is why one should not worry about the sustainability of the Maoist-led government.
Bhattarai also added that the Maoists seek support from all quarters for the stability of the Maoist-led government.
Bhattarai further informed that the government will come up with new budget by mid-September that will found the bases of national economy. (ANI)
- Will 13 prove lucky for Nepal's new PM? - Sep 05, 2011
- Battle hots up for Nepal PM's post - Aug 16, 2011
- Nepal: UML to field its PM candidate today - Jul 19, 2010
- Nepal president wants new government by Sunday - Aug 15, 2011
- Nepal's Maoist PM yields to brotherly love - Oct 28, 2011
- JNU scholar is Nepal's new PM (Profile) - Aug 28, 2011
- Secession call lands another Nepal minister in hot water - Sep 28, 2011
- Death threat exposes chasm among Nepal Maoists - May 17, 2011
- New Nepal PM to visit India, sidestepping controversy - Sep 07, 2011
- Nepal fails to get new constitution for third time - Aug 30, 2011
- India treads gingerly in Nepal - Aug 31, 2011
- Nepal's Maoist 'People's War' flounders on 15th anniversary - Feb 12, 2011
- Nepal PM to quit Saturday - Aug 10, 2011
- Nepal Maoist chief resurfaces after 48 hours - Sep 11, 2011
- Maoists return to power in Nepal - Aug 28, 2011