NBA to cancel some more gamesOctober 25th, 2011 - 10:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) NBA fans should be bracing themselves up for the inevitable after reports that the game’s ruling body will announce that two more weeks of the regular season is going be cancelled because of the lockout. The owners and players of the club are locked out in litigation regarding how to share the fortune from the game.
This is the second time that the NBA will be cancelling games because of the lockout. The association announced last month that the first two weeks of the next season has been cancelled. The latest report brings to four the number of weeks that has been cancelled. The preseason was the first to be sacrificed and analysts say if the lockout is not resolved anytime soon, the entire season might be cancelled.
According to the Daily News, the game’s commissioner David Stern will make the announcement on Tuesday. The regular season of the NBA season was initially scheduled to begin on the 1st of November. The first weeks of the season was cancelled. The expected announcement will cancel all the NBA games in November.
The parties involved in the lockout are involved in intensive meeting with a federal mediator but they have failed to reach any deal.
- NBA talks continue on Thursday - Oct 28, 2011
- NBA Talks resume after a long deadlock - Oct 19, 2011
- NBA lockout continues - Oct 17, 2011
- Kevin Durant bags 66 points at Rucker Park - Aug 03, 2011
- Cedric Benson suspended for 3-matches - Sep 23, 2011
- Chinese farmers' NBA-like league is a big draw - Feb 13, 2012
- Yi Jianlian to carry flag for China in London - Jul 26, 2012
- Green Bay Packers to visit the White House - Aug 12, 2011
- Houston awarded 2013 NBA All-Star Game - Feb 09, 2012
- Houston likely to host 2013 NBA All-Star game - Feb 08, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- NBA 2K12 to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii & PC - Oct 05, 2011
- Kevin Durant finally hits the 50 point - Feb 24, 2012
- Bayern Munich to make pre-season trip to China - Jun 30, 2012