NBA star Corie Blount jailed over Cheech and Chong size stashMay 14th, 2009 - 12:43 am ICT by John Le Fevre
Former NBA player and University of Cincinnati basketball star Corie Blount has been sentenced to one year in prison on two charges of marijuana possession.
Forty-year-old Blount pleaded guilty in Butler County Common Pleas Court last month to two felony possession charges as part of a plea bargain which saw prosecutors withdraw two trafficking charges.
Bount was arrested on December 4, 2008 after sheriffs deputies intercepted 11 pounds (4.99kg) of marijuana sent to him at a relatives house through the US Postal Service. A search of Blount’s home later unearthed an additional 18 pounds (8.16kg) of marijuana.
Facing a maximum 10-year sentence, Blount’s claim that the marijuana was for personal use was rejected by Judge Craig Hedric, who told Blount at todays sentencing hearing, “Cheech and Chong would have had a hard time smoking that much,”
In addition to being sentenced to one year in prison, Blount was also fined $US10,000 and ordered to surrender two vehicles and $US34,000 cash seized in the bust.
Blount was a first-round draft pick by the Chicago Bulls in 1993. In an 11-year NBA career, he also played for the Los Angeles Lakers, Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns, Philadelphia 76ers and Toronto Raptors.
- Oklahoma mother gets 10 years behind bars for $31 worth of marijuana sale - Feb 23, 2011
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- Raptors capture first win on NBA's first 3D court - Jan 05, 2012
- Matt Barnes Signs Two Year Deal With Los Angeles Lakers - Jul 23, 2010
- Former 'Big Brother' winner Adam Jasinski sentenced to four years in prison - Jan 22, 2011
- Paris Hilton's beau faces criminal charges in Las Vegas - Jan 21, 2011
- Dutch Prisoner Angelo MacD's Torture: Too Big for Cell - Jan 29, 2011
- Five individuals arrested for marijuana distribution in Dickson County, TN - Apr 15, 2010
- Lil Boosie If Convicted May Face Death Penalty - Jun 19, 2010
- Hilton's boyfriend Waits faces four years in jail - Jan 21, 2011
- Three brothers face hangman's noose in Malaysia - Jun 03, 2011
- Ukiah, California, man sentenced for dealing marijuana - Mar 02, 2010
- Kermit Washington Has Good Advise For LeGarrette Blount - Sep 11, 2009
- Three sent to jail for drug trafficking - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: butler county common pleas, butler county common pleas court, cheech and chong, cleveland cavaliers, common pleas court, corie blount, felony possession, los angeles lakers, marijuana possession, nba career, nba player, nba star, philadelphia 76ers, phoenix suns, plea bargain, possession charges, toronto raptors, university of cincinnati, university of cincinnati basketball, us postal service