NBA Recap: February 22nd 2012February 23rd, 2012 - 10:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Jazz were left utterly shuttered after they were taken out with a buzz beater from Timberwolves’ Luke Ridnour. The last gasp throw meant the Wolves walk away with 100-98 victory over the Jazz.
Moments before the deciding moment, Utah’s Al Jefferson had restored parity sending the game to 98-all. With the clock set at 7 seconds remaining, the teams took a timeout and that did the magic for the Wolves.
Shortly after the restart of the game, J.J. Barea gave a pass to Ridnour. He managed to get the decisive basket after racing down the lane. The buzz went off just as the ball was getting into the basket.
Wolves coach Rick Adelman said that, “Luke knocks that down all the time. The floater, he knows he’s got to get it off before he gets to the big guys. That was unbelievable, in traffic, getting around the guy and knocking it down. Couldn’t be happier for him.”
Despite the fact that Ridnour got the winning basket, he credits Barea for the win on the night. It was a major performance from Barea which saw him rake in 22 points which became his highest for the season.
The loss was the third straight loss for the Jazz.
- Utah Jazz Closes Deal To Acquire Al Jefferson - Jul 13, 2010
- Kurt Rambis Set To Coach Timberwolves - Aug 06, 2009
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Lakers center Andrew Bynum caught parking in an handicapped spot - Jul 20, 2011
- I'm not a good worker: Hemsworth - Apr 07, 2012
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- It is all done at a breakneck speed - Oct 29, 2011
- Mahindra Group launches Blues festival - Dec 09, 2010
- Video of topless young boy resisting pat down at US airport sparks outrage - Nov 23, 2010
- Scientists provide genetic evidence that antioxidants can help treat cancer - Feb 16, 2011
- Riding a billion dreams, India win World Cup (Roundup) - Apr 03, 2011
- Loss of predators tied with deforestation - Apr 10, 2012
- Kevin Love, Michael Beasley Impress With Their Stunning Performance - Nov 14, 2010
- What causes those black flecks in eye? - Oct 26, 2010
- Le Clos sends out warning to Phelps - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: 7 seconds, al jefferson, barea, big guys, buzz beater, coach rick, floater, jazz moments, last gasp, luke ridnour, nba, parity, rake, rick adelman, straight loss, timberwolves, timeout, victory, wolves, wolves coach