Nayar, Saha, Jadeja in T20 probables listApril 4th, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 4 (IANS) Defending champions India Saturday included youngsters Ravindra Jadeja, Abhishek Nayar and Wriddhiman Saha in the 30-member preliminary squad for the Twenty20 cricket World Cup in England this June.
Selectors also included comeback man Lakshmipathy Balaji, who performed consistently in the domestic season. Robin Uthappa, too, got a look-in after a long gap.
The list will be pruned to 15 later.
India’s title triumph hero Joginder Sharma failed to find a spot among the probables.
Ajit Agarkar and Piyush Chawla and injured S. Sreesanth were the other omissions from the squad that won the inaugural T20 World Cup in South Africa.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, donning the captaincy hat for the first time, had scripted India’s success story last year, that sent the popularity of the game’s shortest version soaring in the cricket-mad country.
The probables: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Pragyan Ojha, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Dinesh Karthik, Murali Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Subramaniam Badrinath, Robin Uthappa, Virat Kohli, Manoj Tiwary, Wriddhiman Saha, Abhishek Nayar, Amit Mishra, Ravichandran Ashwin, Rudra Pratap Singh, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Dhawal Kulkarni and Naman Ojha.
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- This is how the IPL teams will look - Jan 09, 2011
- BCCI announces 2011World Cup probables - Dec 18, 2010
- Harmeet Singh named in Rest of India squad (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Harmeet Singh picked up for Irani Cup - Sep 10, 2012
- World Cup probables announced - Dec 18, 2010
- Pandey, Vinay Kumar, Ojha find place among Twenty20 probables - Feb 25, 2010
- No surprises as India names T20 World Cup squad - May 04, 2009
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- Irani Trophy: Sehwag to lead Rest of India - Sep 16, 2009
- Uthappa in India squad for one-off Twenty20 in South Africa - Mar 07, 2012
- Nehra awarded Grade B contract, Irfan demoted to Grade C - Nov 25, 2009
- Seniors rested, Gambhir to lead ODI side against New Zealand - Nov 21, 2010
- Harbhajan fails to make comeback to ODI squad - Oct 18, 2011
- Dravid, Irfan not among World Cup probables (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: ajit agarkar, cricket world cup, dinesh karthik, gautam gambhir, irfan pathan, lakshmipathy balaji, long gap, mahendra singh, manoj tiwary, pathan zaheer, piyush chawla, praveen kumar, rohit sharma, rudra pratap singh, suresh raina, twenty20 cricket world cup, virender sehwag, yusuf pathan, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan