National Tennis Championships beginning from oct 10September 7th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) The hardcourt national tennis championship will be held at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association (DLTA) Oct 10-22.
The championships, called the DSCL Open National Tennis Championships, have been rechristened Fenesta Open National Tennis Championship in its 17th edition.
“We are extremely honored to be associated with the prestigious All India Tennis Association, and also to have a chance to support our nation’s growing pool of sporting talent in Tennis,” Ajay Shriram, chairman and senior managing director, DSCL, said in a statement.
“DSCL continues to keep the great tradition of supporting the latent tennis playing talent of India afloat under its brand name ‘Fenesta’.”
The prize money too have been increased. The men’ champion will win a purse of Rs.1.50 lakh while the ladies’ champion will take home Rs.1 lakh.
The qualifying draw this year has been restricted to 64 in all the categories as per the new rules intimated by the AITA.
Mens and Boys (under-18)
Qualifying: October 8th-9th,
Main Draw : October 10th-15th
Ladies and Girls (under-18)
Qualifying: October 9th-10th
Main Draw: October 11th-15th
Boys (under-16 & 14)
Qualifying: October 15th-16th
Main Draw: October 17-22nd
Girls (under-16 & 14)
Qualifying: October 16th-17th
Main Draw: October 18th-22nd
- Tennis Nationals: Mayneni outplays Kanan - Oct 10, 2011
- Tennis nationals: Vishnu, Prerna lead men's and women's field - Oct 09, 2011
- DLTA to set up residential tennis academy - Jul 16, 2011
- Isha Lakhani beats talented Balu in national tennis - Oct 12, 2011
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Strong field for Chennai Open - Nov 24, 2011
- Ghosal, Dipika top seeds in National Squash - Dec 03, 2011
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- India readies for Asia U-18 basketball championship - Aug 16, 2012
- Baisoya, Bhandari top strokeplay in All India Amateur golf - Jan 18, 2012
- Yuki Bhambri and Rutuja Bhosale are new national tennis champions - Oct 15, 2011
- Tennis nationals: Rutuja stuns top seed Prerna - Oct 11, 2011
- Smriti, Rhea and Sharmila start well at European golf pre-qualifiers - Jan 09, 2012
- Chikka rallies from six-hole deficit to retain All India golf title - Feb 06, 2011
- Divyasree gets top billing in national chess - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: 17th edition, brand name, champion, dlta, dscl, girls, India, lakh, lawn tennis association, managing director, national tennis, New Delhi, pool, prize money, purse, rs 1, tennis championship, tennis championships, tradition