National Racing Championship set for wet finishDecember 17th, 2010 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 17 (IANS) The sixth and final round of the 13th JK Tyre National Racing Championship this weekend is set for a wet and exciting finish as the titles in all the classes are up for grabs.In the premier Formula Rolon class, Saran Vikram (Mars Racing), although leading by G Vikash Anand (VA-RAD Racing) 53 to 36 points on the leaderboard, still needs to keep his wits about in what is expected to be a wet race.
Behind Vikash Anand, the likes of Sarosh Hataria of Meco Racing (35) and Chitesh Mandody of Mohite’s Racing (34) have mathematical chances of winning the title provided the front-runners do not finish in the double-header.
In the Formula LGB Swift Class, it is a three-way battle among Ajay Kini of Wallace Sports (72), Ameya Walavalkar of TVS Girling (63) and Gautam Parekh, also of Wallace Sports (58).
The championship battle in the Super Saloons class is also far from finished. Sailesh Bolisetti of RAD Racing is in front with 73 points, followed by the fast-improving Siddhart Kishore of Performance Racing on 63 while trailing the duo is Coimbatore Raj Vardhan of Prime Racing on 43.
Bolisetti has dominated the championship with four wins this season, but a non-finish and an exclusion in couple of rounds weighed him down even as the consistent Kishore narrowed the gap.
B Bala Vijaykumar of Team Moto-Rev India has effectively sealed the championship in the Indian Junior Touring Cars series that is run concurrently with the Super Saloon races.
He has 93 points to the next best, Diljith TS of Meco Racing (53).
In the Volkswagen Polo Cup, Parth Ghorpade from Team Amaron Pro-Racing with Meco leads the table with 359 points, ahead of Bolisetti (339) while Vishnu Prasad of Team Amaron Pro-Racing is in third place with 277.
Also in contention is the team championship in the Formula LGB Swift category where TVS Girling is on top with 143 points followed by Wallace Sports (130).
In the Super Saloons class, Prime Racing is ahead with 129 points with Rad Racing in second (93) and Performance Racing third (63).
- Close contests in offing in national motor racing - Nov 26, 2010
- Saran Vikram tops in Formula Rolon - Dec 19, 2010
- Kini, Bolisetti consolidate in JK Tyre racing - Sep 26, 2010
- Kini clinches Formula Swift title - Dec 18, 2010
- Rolon honours for Saran Vikram - Nov 27, 2010
- Clean sweep by TVS Girling in National Racing - Aug 28, 2010
- Narendran, Sailesh top in National Racing - Sep 25, 2010
- Hataria holds nerves to win Formula Rolon race - Jul 18, 2010
- Rajvirdhan, Diljith claim titles in National Racing - Nov 26, 2011
- Double for Vikram, Vidyaprakash at JK Tyre National Racing - Aug 29, 2010
- Double for Ameya, Diljith in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 17, 2011
- Maiden win for Feroz Khan in JK Tyre National Racing - Sep 17, 2011
- Top honours for Narendran, Bolisetti in JK Tyre racing - Jul 17, 2010
- Front-runners might have it tough in JK Tyre National Racing - Jul 15, 2011
- First win for Leelakrishnan in JK Tyre National Racing - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: ameya, double header, four wins, front runners, gautam, girling, jk tyre, kishore, parekh, parth, performance racing, polo cup, saloons, team moto, touring cars, vijaykumar, vikash, vikram, volkswagen polo, winning the title