National Junior Athletics: Three national records fall on second dayNovember 13th, 2008 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mysore, Nov 13 (IANS) The second day of the National Junior Athletics Championship saw three national records being set here Thursday. Maharashtra’s Saba Bhagat, who could not participate in the recent Commonwealth Youth Games, bounced back with spectacular performance in the under-18 boys hurdles with a new national record of 14.06 seconds, bettering the old record by 0.6 secs. Tamil Nadu’s Kesava Ramani (14.34 secs) won the silver and the bronze went to Anil Soren of West Bengal, clocking 14.93 secs.
Commonwealth Youth Games silver medallist G. Gayatri of Tamilnadu lived up to the expectations to win the 100 metres hurdles title in the girls under-18 category with a new national record of 14.02 secs. She broke her own national record of 14.04 secs, she had set during National Youth Championship. Her statemate N. Hemashree (14.26 secs) took sliver while Kerela’s Jyothi Krishna won bronze medal ( 15.10 secs).
In the field event, Punjab’s Prabhjot Singh set new national record in the discus throw for boys under-18 category with a massive throw of 58.10 meters. Haryana’s Akash Antil finished second with a throw of 55.49 meters while Sushil Tripathi of Uttar Pradesh took bronze in 51.41 meters.
- Sprint double for Dutee Chand of Odisha - Jul 14, 2012
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics - Jul 09, 2011
- Kavita Raut wins gold with record timing - Feb 21, 2011
- Dutee Chand eclipses National 100m women's record - Jul 13, 2012
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- World Athletics Championships: Vikas Gowda finishes 7th in discuss - Aug 30, 2011
- CWG medals results: Day Five - Oct 09, 2010
- Tintu, Mayookha shine at Asian All-Star Athletics Meet - Jul 29, 2010
- CWG medals results, CWG Day Four - Oct 08, 2010
- World Athletics: Kenya's Rudisha claims gold in 800m - Aug 30, 2011
- Youth Olympic medal winners to get cash rewards - Aug 28, 2010
- Bolt's peerless victory in Zagreb 100 metres - Sep 14, 2011
- Boxer Poonia settles for silver at Comonwealth Youth Games - Sep 12, 2011
- India bag three more medals at Asian Youth Games - Jul 02, 2009
- Bolt disqualified for false start in 100m in Daegu; Blake wins - Aug 28, 2011