National Games: Swimmer Richa Mishra finishes with 16 medalsFebruary 19th, 2011 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 19 IANS) Delhi swimmer Richa Mishra Saturday bagged two silver medals to finish with a rich haul of 16 medals in the 34th National Games. Richa Friday equalled Nisha Millet’s Games record of 11 golds in the the swimming event.
The ace swimmer’s two silvers on the final day of the competition came in the 100 metres freestyle and breaststroke category. She was outpaced by Prabhu Talasha of Goa and Maharashtra’s Poorva Shetty in both the races.
Earlier, another Maharashtrian, Veerdhawal Khade, won his eighth gold in the men’s 100 metres freestyle.
Sandeep Sejwal of Madhya Pradesh emerged the fastest in the 100 metres breaststoke to win his third gold.
Ankit Sharma, also from Madhya Pradesh, won the gold in the men’s long jump.
- Indian swimmers win gold, not Olympic berth - Jul 06, 2011
- Asian Games Swimming: Veerdhawal misses medal by a whisker in 50m freestyle - Nov 15, 2010
- Indian swimmer Khade qualifies for 2012 Olympics - Jul 27, 2011
- National Games: Richa Mishra takes her tally to 11 golds - Feb 18, 2011
- Swimmers win best athlete awards at National Games - Feb 26, 2011
- CWG swimming: Khade, Sejwal qualify for semi-finals - Oct 05, 2010
- Swimmers ready to break CWG medal jinx - Sep 22, 2010
- CWG schedule: Day Six - Oct 09, 2010
- Shooters, wrestlers bag 5 gold, 2 silver for India (Evening Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Asian Games swimming: No medals for India on last day - Nov 18, 2010
- Delhi's Richa Mishra wins four golds in swimming (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Asian Games swimming: Khade creates history in pool after 24 years (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Gagan sole Indian representative in swimming at London - Jul 07, 2012
- Khade's medal will inspire gen-next of Indian swimmers: Khazan - Nov 16, 2010
- Asian Games: Veedhawal Khade qualifies for 50m freestyle final - Nov 15, 2010