National Games postponed to JuneJanuary 17th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 17 (IANS) The Indian Olympic Association Saturday decided to postpone the 34th National Games, scheduled to be held in three Jharkhand cities Feb 15-28, till June due to delay in construction of infrastructure. The IOA steering committee reviewed the state’s preparations for the Games to be held in Ranchi, Jamshedpur and Dhanbad and concluded that the state was not ready to host the tournament as infrastructure was not in place.
“Considering the status of the preparations, it has been decided to postpone the National Games and reschedule the same in the month of June 2009,” A.K. Mattoo, Chairman of IOA’s Steering Committee, said in a statement.
Jharkhand was awarded the Games in 2002 and the event was scheduled for 2007 but kept getting delayed and was later scheduled for December 2008. It was again postponed till Feb 15 at the request of National Games Organising Committee (NGOC).
- 34th National Games deferred for sixth time in Jharkhand - Sep 24, 2010
- 34th National Games to be held Feb 12-26, 2011 - Dec 04, 2010
- Vigilance bureau raids houses of National Games officials - Mar 15, 2011
- Jharkhand Olympic Association head to face probe - Feb 13, 2011
- National Games now to be held Feb 15-28 - Nov 29, 2008
- 34th National Games promise to be a grand affair - Feb 11, 2011
- Jharkhand felicitates its National Games medallists - Dec 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to host 37th National Games in 2013 (Lead) - Mar 30, 2010
- Jharkhand to invite president for National Games' opening - Jan 13, 2011
- Mismanagement continues to plague National Games - Feb 13, 2011
- National Games in Jharkhand postponed due to assembly elections - Oct 15, 2009
- Sorens ignored at National Games: JMM - Feb 15, 2011
- Host Jharkhand unlikely to reach National Games starting line - Sep 21, 2008
- Top National Games official quizzed in graft case - Mar 22, 2011
- 34th National Games will be held from Nov 21 - May 14, 2009