National Games for handicapped personsFebruary 16th, 2012 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 16 (IANS) In all, 971 entries have been received for the National-level Games for physically challenged persons to be held here from Feb 17 to 22, according to chairman of the organising committee Walter Davaram.
Addressing the Media here Thursday, Davaram said competitions will be held in athletics, swimming, football (5-a-side) and badminton.
Union Sports Minister Ajay Maken will inaugurate the meet and Chennai Mayor Saidai Duraiswamy will preside.
- Free passes for school children for SAFF Cup: Maken - Dec 02, 2011
- Preparation of national teams for London Olympics gets under way - Mar 16, 2011
- President confers Narang with Khel Ratna, Arjuna for 19 athletes - Aug 29, 2011
- Sports Minister Maken promises more training facilities - Apr 25, 2011
- SAI official in trouble for allowing banned athletes to train - Mar 26, 2012
- Rs.260 crore allocated for London Olympics: Maken - Dec 08, 2011
- Sports ministry launches 'Opex London 2012' to prepare athletes - Mar 03, 2011
- Sports ministry allocates Rs 258.39 crore for Olympics preparation - Jun 09, 2011
- India will aim at 25 medals in 2020 Olympics - Aug 16, 2012
- Sports ministry opens CWG venues to the public - Apr 15, 2011
- Anand deserves Bharat Ratna but final call PM's: Maken - May 31, 2012
- Big time football returns to Nehru Stadium with I-League - Apr 15, 2011
- BCCI has to come under RTI for own benefit: Maken - Nov 14, 2011
- Sports ministry forms committee for venue management - Feb 05, 2011
- India could host FIFA U-17 World Cup, government assures support (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012