National games could be held in November: Jharkhand governorMay 6th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Jamshedpur, May 6 (IANS) Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi Wednesday said the 34th edition of the National Games could take place in November in the state.
“Jharkhand is prepared to hold the National Games anytime and is ready with the infrastructure. As per our information the games are likely to take place in November,” Razi said here on the sidelines of a function to inaugurate 120 MW Tata Steel power plant.
He said the weather in November will also be conducive for the games.
The 34th National Games were scheduled to take place in 2007 but were put off as the state failed to complete the infrastructure requirements.
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- Jharkhand governor misleading people on national games: BJP - May 11, 2009
- 34th National Games promise to be a grand affair - Feb 11, 2011
- 34th National Games deferred for sixth time in Jharkhand - Sep 24, 2010
- Corruption, instability mark 10 years of Jharkhand - Nov 12, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi to perform at National Games - Feb 12, 2011
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
- I won't quit till term ends: Razi - Aug 18, 2009
- Jharkhand felicitates its National Games medallists - Dec 10, 2011
- PM asks Assam Governor to quit for fraud - Aug 18, 2009
- Jharkhand poised for higher industrial growth: Munda - Jan 09, 2012
- 34th National Games to be held Feb 12-26, 2011 - Dec 04, 2010
- Allegations against me false, asserts Razi (Lead) - Aug 18, 2009
- Dhoni seeks divine blessings before World Cup - Feb 05, 2011
- BOC India's three plants in advanced stages of commissioning - May 17, 2012