National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn TigersJanuary 11th, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The much awaited BCS National Championship Game took place on January 10, at Glendale’s University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona. The game took place between the first and the second rankers of BSC standing, namely, Auburn Tigers and Oregon Ducks. Much to the disappointment of the Oregon fans, it was once again the first ranker Auburn Tigers, who bagged the title, with a final score of 22-19, in the esteemed Bowl game.
This victory once again gave the national title to the winning team after its victory in 1957. However, once again it was Cam Newton who grabbed all the limelight. He went for two touchdowns and one interception in the match. He also finished 20 of 34 passes, running for 265 yards. A few months ago, the haughty quarterback threw an open challenge that they would emerge as the winner this time and all his fans were far more than delighted, as he lived up to their expectations. Running back Michael Dyer on the other hand, ran for 143 yards in 22 carries. However, it was Wes Byrum, whose final rush for the 19-yard field goal in the final hours led to the Auburn’s victory. Although both the teams were scoreless in the first quarter, from the second, the Tigers led the match with a score of 16-11 during halftime thanks to Cam Newton’s touchdown pass to Kodi Burns and Emory Blake. In the latter part of the fourth quarter, the score was 19-11. Needless to say, that Oregon was almost passive all through out the third and in most part of the fourth quarter while the champions ruled through out.
After the match, Cam Newton said that everybody was staying calm and they all knew that they had to play the game properly. The coach of Auburn Tigers, Gene Chizik said that he is extremely proud of the team and its defense.
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- Cameron Newton Takes Over South Carolina To Give Auburn Tigers The SEC Championship - Dec 05, 2010
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Jeff Maehl Concludes Season With Stellar Performance - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton & Darron Thomas battle it out - Jan 11, 2011
- Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson Tides - Nov 19, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- BCS Bowl Schedule Has Been Finalized - Dec 06, 2010
- Cam Newton's NCAA Investigation Still Continues - Nov 11, 2010
- Nevada Wolf Pack Brings An End To Boise State Broncos' Unbeaten Season - Nov 27, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- Indianapolis Colts Vs Tennessee Titans : Match Updates - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: auburn tigers, bcs national championship game, bowl game, cam newton, final score, gene chizik, halftime thanks, kodi burns, michael dyer, national championship game, national championship title, open challenge, oregon ducks, oregon fans, s university, touchdown pass, university of phoenix, university of phoenix stadium, wes byrum, yard field goal