Nasri is the new Thierry Henry: WengerDecember 8th, 2010 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 8 (ANI): Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has hailed his striker Samir Nasri as the new Thierry Henry, and claimed he has the talent to follow the Arsenal legend as Footballer of the Year.
Nasri took his season’s goal scoring tally into double figures with during Saturday’s 2-1 win over Fulham, which lifted the Gunners to the top of the Premier League.
French international Nasri can play on either flank or in the middle, and is currently enjoying more creative freedom given the absence of injured skipper Cesc Fabregas.
Nasri, a promising midfielder signed from Marseille in July 2008, is another player Wenger has helped develop into a world-class talent, The Sun reports.
Wenger said: “We are in the middle of the season now and I will be happy for him if he becomes Player of the Year. But what is the most important for me is that the club wins.
“Nasri is an intelligent player and understands he plays where he can help the team the most. He has become more efficient and is maturing.”
“Nasri is only 23. When Henry came here he was 23 and still developed a lot, so that means there is a lot more to come from Nasri, Fabregas and all these players,” he said. (ANI)
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- No rift between Fabregas, Denilson says coach Wenger - Jan 20, 2011
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- Former Arsenal player asks Fabregas not to repeat his mistake of Braca move - May 25, 2010
- Arsenal all set to sign South Korean captain Park Chu-Young - Aug 28, 2011
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Wenger says 'under-fire' Fabregas is a 'witch-hunt' victim - Feb 04, 2011
- Lifting players' spirit ahead of clash with Barca difficult: Wenger - Mar 29, 2010
- Wenger hopes Henry's presence can inspire Gunners - Nov 18, 2011
- Fabregas expected to play against Barcelona - Mar 07, 2011
- Barca coach Guardiola admits defeat in luring Gunners skipper Fabregas - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: absence, arsenal boss arsene wenger, boss arsene wenger, creative freedom, fabregas, flank, footballer of the year, french international, fulham, gunners, intelligent player, london, marseille, midfielder, premier league, samir nasri, skipper, sun reports, tally, thierry henry