Napoli coach Mazzarri blames referee for draw against CesenaFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, Feb 2 (IANS) Napoli head coach Walter Mazzarri accused the referee of robbing his side of a deserved win after they were held to a scoreless draw at home against Cesena in the Italian Serie A football.
Napoli were held at the San Paolo Wednesday, as Goran Pandev’s goal was disallowed in stoppage time for reasons that remain unclear. He was not offside and replays suggest Christian Maggio provided the assist with his chest rather than the arm.
“The goal is absolutely and totally clear,” Mazzarri was quote as saying by Xinhua. “I am sick and tired of this, as we lost another two points today due to the official and his behaviour.
“The referee had a terrible game and made many mistakes against us. He had a huge effect on the match, preventing us from getting the deserved victory.
“Other than the goal, there were some incorrect offside decisions and the referee didn’t send off a Cesena player for using his elbow.
“Up until now we have stayed silent, but we can’t keep pretending that nothing is happening. In the last three rounds we have been robbed of at least five points. I am tired and my patience is at an end,” he said.
- Milan lose to Lazio while Inter draw with Palermo - Feb 02, 2012
- Juventus extend unbeaten streak to draw 3-3 with Napoli - Nov 30, 2011
- Juventus beat Lazio to reach top of Italian Serie A - Nov 27, 2011
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Juventus down Napoli 4-2 to win Italian Super Cup - Aug 11, 2012
- Milan keep pressure on Juventus with win over Novara - Jan 23, 2012
- Lazio beat 10-man Rome in Serie A derby - Mar 05, 2012
- Chelsea crumble under Napoli pressure, Real held in Moscow - Feb 22, 2012
- Napoli beat Novara to keep Champions League hopes alive - Apr 22, 2012
- AC Milan still winless in Serie A - Sep 22, 2011
- Juventus beat Inter Milan in Serie A - Mar 26, 2012
- Manchester City's hopes to progress hang in balance - Nov 23, 2011
- Inter held by Atalanta at home - Mar 19, 2012
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Ten-man Inter manage to make Champions League final - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: cesena, decisions, deserved victory, elbow, feb 2, five points, game, goran pandev, head coach, italian serie, match, offside, patience, referee, replays, rome, san paolo, stoppage time, walter mazzarri, xinhua