Nagpur wicket good for both batsmen and bowlers: Pitch curatorNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:11 am ICT by admin
In the last two matches that India played at this venue against Sri Lanka and the West Indies, they recorded 300-plus totals and won.
“We have given a sporting wicket for every bowler every batsman to apply their own talents and they can score runs and bowlers can take wicket,” he said.
Meanwhile, the home team is facing stiff challenge from Australia and is trailing the series 1-3
However, Team India pacer Zaheer Khan sounded confident and said that they will play the sixth ODI with renewed zeal, a day ahead of the match.
Terming the Nagpur ODI as a “big game” since it is the last chance for Team India to level the seven-ODI series, Khan said, “Last two games they (Australians) got consistent start, first two games we were able to get the breakthrough and restrict them in the power play so power plays becomes very crucial in this and obviously giving that early breakthrough is responsibility on us the fast bowlers.”
As I said every day is a new day we are looking forward to it, and hopefully we will be able to provide early breakthrough tomorrow,” he added.
Indian selectors have made no changes to their squad of 15 for the final two one-day internationals against Australia.
The seventh and the final ODI will be played in Mumbai on Wednesday. (ANI)
- Kohli stars in India's record ODI chase against Pakistan (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2012
- Will not let Sachin get the hundred: Clarke - Jan 25, 2012
- Difficult time for New Zealand: Vettori - Feb 24, 2011
- Cook urges consistency, Clarke wants review - Jul 11, 2012
- India looking to extend lead against Sri Lanka - Jul 23, 2012
- Ponting lavishes praise on pacers - Feb 25, 2011
- Sammy hopes to carry winning momentum into Test series - Jul 24, 2012
- It is a concern for us after two heavy losses: Cook - Oct 18, 2011
- India upbeat ahead of warm-up game against New Zealand (Preview) - Feb 15, 2011
- Loss of early wickets cost us dear: Dhoni - Feb 19, 2012
- Get the gorilla off your back: Ravi Shastri to Sachin - Nov 25, 2011
- Watson not surprised by spirited Windies - Mar 22, 2012
- Ishant was 'the real difference' between India, New Zealand in Nagpur: Vettori - Nov 24, 2010
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- India to play extra warm-up game in Australia - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: 300, australia, bowlers, breakthrough, crucial, India, last chance, match, nagpur, odi series, one day internationals, pacer, power plays, score, selectors, sixth odi, stiff challenge, two games, wicket, zaheer khan