Nadal through to Oz Open quarter-finalsJanuary 24th, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan.24 (ANI): World number one Rafael Nadal entered the Australian Open quarter-finals without missing a beat on Monday night.
Nadal swept aside last year’s semi-finalist Marin Cilic of Croatia 6-2 6-4 6-3 in their fourth round clash on Rod Laver Arena, The Age reports.
It was two and a half hours of precision tennis from the men’s top seed as he kept alive the prospect of winning his fourth grand slam tournament in succession.
Nadal now plays fellow Spaniard David Ferrer, the seventh seed, in a quarter-final on Wednesday. (ANI)
- Ferrer crushes Nadal's 'Rafa Slam' dreams with straight-set Oz Open win - Jan 26, 2011
- Murray reaches Wimbledon quarters - Jul 03, 2012
- 2010 Chennai Open promises high-octave action - Jan 02, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- Injured Nadal aims for quick recovery to 'play best tennis again' - Jan 27, 2011
- French Open: Top seeds advance to third round - May 31, 2012
- Australian Open: Top seeds advance to second round (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Australian Open: Nadal overcomes Berdych, to meet Federer in semis (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2012
- US Open: Nadal, Murray in last 16; Stosur vs. Zvonareva in women's quarters - Sep 05, 2011
- Nadal, Djokovic eyeing history in French Open final (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Nadal completes career Grand Slam with US Open victory (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- US Open: Somdev takes on Murray, Sania plays Peer - Aug 26, 2011
- How Djokovic, Nadal reached French Open final - Jun 09, 2012
- Federer beats Mahut to enter French Open fourth round - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: australian open, clash, croatia, david ferrer, fellow, grand slam tournament, jan 24, marin cilic, melbourne, monday night, quarter finals, rafael nadal, rod laver, rod laver arena, semi finalist, succession, tennis, two and a half hours