Nabil dominates JK racesJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Le Castellet (France), July 2 (IANS) While India’s Aditya Patel, the guest driver, finished eighth and sixth, it was his Euro International team-mate Jeffri Nabil of Malaysia who dominated the weekend’s double-header with two podium finishes, including a win, in the JK Racing Asia Series at the Paul Ricard Circuit here.
Championship leader Nabil won the fifth round race Saturday and finished second behind compatriot Afiq Ikhwan Yazid of Team Meritus in the sixth round Sunday.
On Sunday, Patel benefited when Hiqmar Danial Hidzir suffered a puncture that helped the Indian to gain a spot to sixth which he maintained till the finish.
In the previous round Saturday, Patel had made places to come in eighth despite lack of track time after making the switch from saloon cars to single seaters.
The JK Racing Asia Series will continue with Rounds 7 and 8 at the famous Spa Francorchamps Circuit in Belgium July 27-29.
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani grabs eighth spot - Sep 09, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani bags second spot - Sep 10, 2012
- JK Racing: Khushlani replaces Patel for Silverstone round - Sep 07, 2012
- Euro drivers sweep top spots in JK Asia Series - May 27, 2012
- Ikhwan scores a double in 3rd round of JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 23, 2011
- Double for Ikhwan in JK Racing Asia Series - Jul 24, 2011
- Eurointernational post 1-2 finish in JK Asia Series - May 26, 2012
- Aditya finishes ninth at Spa - Jul 28, 2012
- Ikhwan achieves double in JK Racing Asia Series - Sep 25, 2011
- Patel finishes sixth at Spa - Jul 27, 2012
- JK Racing Asia series set for Euro debut - Jun 29, 2012
- JK Asia Racing: Ikhwan scores fifth win - Sep 24, 2011
- JK Racing Asia Series to have two rounds in Europe - May 24, 2012
- Khushlani finishes impressive sixth in JK Racing Asia Series - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: aditya, asia series, belgium, championship leader, compatriot, double header, euro international, India, jk racing, le castellet, meritus, paul ricard circuit, podium, puncture, saloon cars, spa francorchamps, team mate, track time, yazid