Mystery woman identified, IOA demands investigationJuly 29th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) The appearance of a mystery woman in the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics has infuriated the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), which has asked the organisers to thoroughly probe the incident.
Indian media reports Sunday identified the woman in a bright red top, walking along side Indian flag bearer Sushil Kumar, as Bangalore-based Madhura Honey.
“There is no mysterious girl. The incident just exposes the tall claims made by the organisers regarding security. Just imagine if this had happened in India that a person without any accredation had walked ino the main arena that too along with a contingent all hell would have broken out in this side of the planet,” an IOA spokesperson said.
“IOA has filed a complaint and is waiting for a reply from London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG). Some say the girl was a volunteer, even if that was the case how she managed to sneak in without accredation card hanging around her and if she was security cover then she had no business to be walking in front of the contingent hogging all the limelight,” the official said.
- Mystery woman in Indian contingent a cast member, says Coe (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- LOCOG apologises to India for opening ceremony incident - Aug 01, 2012
- IOC defends Dow, IOA doesn't agree (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- IOC defends Dow, will remain Olympic sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
- Paralympic torch and relay route unveiled - Mar 01, 2012
- London Olympic contingency tickets to go on sale - May 09, 2012
- London Olympics uniforms unveiled - Nov 23, 2011
- London apologises to North Korea after flag blunder - Jul 26, 2012
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- London Olympics organisers and BOA embroiled in cash row - Mar 10, 2011
- London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6 - Dec 15, 2011
- London 2012 on time and within budget - Jun 14, 2012
- We have not thought of pulling out of Olympics: Maken - Mar 21, 2012
- Coe hails Olympic test events a success - May 10, 2012
Tags: accredation, appearance, contingent, flag bearer, honey, indian flag, indian olympic association, limelight, london olympics, mysterious girl, mystery woman, olympics, opening ceremony, organisers, organising committee, paralympic games, reply, spokesperson, sushil kumar, volunteer