Myanmar’s Vice Chairman offers prayers at Mahabodhi templeApril 6th, 2008 - 7:40 pm ICT by admin
Bodhgaya (Bihar), April 6 (ANI): Myanmar Vice Chairman Maung Aye has offered prayers at the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodhgaya.
Located about 96 kilometres from Patna, the Mahabodhi Temple holds special significance for Buddhists, as it is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.
Aye, who is on a five-day visit to India, had arrived in New Delhi along with other dignitaries on Wednesday.
Aye, who last visited India in November 2000, had signed an agreement on the 120 million dollars Kaladan project, which will allow construction of a multi-modal Kaladan transport corridor, which will allow port access to northeastern states, bypassing Bangladesh.
The Kaladan project includes upgrading the Sittwe port and Kaladan waterway as well as construction of a road from Setpyitpyin (Kaletwa) to the India-Myanmar border at a cost of 5.3 billion rupees. (ANI)
- India-Myanmar transit project to be ready by 2013 - Sep 27, 2011
- Myanmar, India agree to realign strategic transit project - Jun 21, 2011
- India unveils $500 mn for Myanmar, to expand security ties - Oct 14, 2011
- Doing trade, driving down to Myanmar just got easier - May 30, 2012
- India lauds Myanmar's reforms, pledges $500 mn for projects (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- India, Myanmar sign 120 million dollar transport corridor project pact - Apr 03, 2008
- Maung Aye meets President, PM - Apr 02, 2008
- Mizoram project to be trade gateway to southeast Asia - Aug 15, 2012
- India starts river project in Myanmar - Dec 20, 2010
- India moves to build access to Myanmar port - Mar 27, 2008
- Krishna visiting Myanmar to engage civilian government - Jun 19, 2011
- 'China has no strategy to strangle India' (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- 'China has no strategy to strangle India' - Jul 02, 2012
- Myanmar: India rejects China rivalry, Sittwe port by 2013 - Oct 13, 2011
- Krishna leaves for Myanmar, to sign several agreements (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: bangladesh, bihar, bodhgaya, buddha, buddhists, dignitaries, enlightenment, kilometres, lord buddha, mahabodhi temple, maung aye, million dollars, myanmar border, New Delhi, northeastern states, prayers, rupees, transport corridor, vice chairman, waterway