Mushtaq Ahmad named official spin bowling coach for Englands Caribbean tourJanuary 31st, 2009 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.31 (ANI): The England Cricket Board (ECB) has extended Mushtaq Ahmads tenure as Englands spin-bowling coach upto the forthcoming Test series in the West Indies.
The ECB said that the players in the national team are really happy with Ahmad and his coaching abilities, as he has helped in tremendously improving players like Monty Panesar grow on the international arena.
Hes created a really good impression with the spin bowlers. His experience and skill at international level have led us to the conclusion that he would be valuable to have around for a longer period, The Daily Times quoted the ECBs managing director Hugh Morris, as saying.
Earlier, Ahmad was supposed to spend only the ten-day warm-up period in St Kitts.
The Carribean tour will be the first official tour of Ahmad as Englands spin bowling coach.
The former Pakistan leggie, Mushtaq Ahmed is considered as the main force behind nurturing Englands current premier spin bowler Monty Panesar.
Panesar said that he was eagerly looking forward to the tour and the newly appointed coachs invaluable suggestions.
Its been great having Mushtaq with us and Ive really enjoyed both his company and the way hes been coaching us, he said. (ANI)
- Players, officials pay tributes to Dilley - Oct 06, 2011
- Flower defends bowling coach Mushtaq after ICC chief's caution over his 'dubious' past - Sep 04, 2010
- Panesar 'back to basics' before Ashes to save his career - Jun 30, 2009
- England to call former cricketers for World No.1 celebrations - Aug 18, 2011
- ICC unhappy with Mushtaq's presence in England's dressing room - Sep 04, 2010
- Mushtaq vows to make Panesar a match-winner again - Jan 24, 2009
- Graham Onions may walk into first Test team - Jan 10, 2012
- Panesar to train with Pakistan spinner Mushtaq Ahmed - Oct 20, 2008
- Panesar defends his net session with Tendulkar - Jul 22, 2011
- ECB's plan to coach Panesar for India trip dashed - Nov 17, 2008
- Cricketers back 'Not In My Game' campaign to fight against terrorism - Jul 28, 2010
- Flower-Strauss partnership key to England's success: Morris - Aug 08, 2011
- Saker signs new contract, to be with England for next two Ashes series - Jan 07, 2011
- Replace Harbhajan with Mishra: Akram - Jul 27, 2011
- Fletcher could come a cropper when he tours UK with Indian team: Swann - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: ahmad, bowling coach, caribbean tour, carribean tour, director hugh, ecb, ecbs, england cricket board, forthcoming test, international arena, invaluable suggestions, leggie, london jan, monty panesar, mushtaq ahmed, spin bowling, st kitts, test series, tour london, west indies