Musharraf vows to pull Pakistan out of its present crisesJuly 6th, 2008 - 11:28 am ICT by ANI
Karachi , July 6 (ANI): Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has vowed to pull his country out of its current prevailing turmoil.
” Pakistan has come to live and will Inshallah survive,” he said while speaking as chief guest at the balloting ceremony of 9,000 plots of land in the Hawkesbay Scheme-42 of Lyari Development Authority (LDA) held at the Governor’s House here on Saturday.
Musharraf said that the country needed to face the challenges of terrorism and extremism head-on if it is to survive and keep moving forward.
The president said that his mission has always been to work for the poor.
“In a city like Karachi , it is essential to have more plots of small sizes, say of 80 sq yards, on which well designed three-room houses could be constructed to meet the living requirements of the poor,” he opined.
He appreciated the dynamism of Governor Dr Ishrat-ul-Ebad and City Nazim Syed Mustafa Kamal for thinking on right lines and said their efforts for providing shelter to the poor were commendable.
Earlier, the president performed the balloting of 9,000 plots, 5,000 of 240 sq yards and 4,000 of 400 sq yards in Hawkesbay Scheme-42 by pushing the computer button.
Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad Khan, provincial ministers, Karachi Nazim Syed Mustafa Kamal, Naib Nazim Nasreen Jalil, LDA Director General Agha Maqsood Abbas were present on the occasion. (ANI)
- UAE consul general meets Sindh governor - Oct 22, 2011
- Musharraf to return between Jan 27 and 30 - Jan 09, 2012
- MQM 'quitting decision' on hold after Zardari vows to probe into Karachi target killings - Oct 18, 2010
- Pakistan celebrates Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Afridi takes PCB to court for suspending him - Jun 07, 2011
- Release all Indian, Pakistani prisoners: Sindh governor - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistani who killed 40 arrested - Aug 08, 2012
- Haryana approves land pooling scheme for farmers - Jul 20, 2012
- MQM set to rejoin PPP-led Pak coalition govt - Jan 07, 2011
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- Karachi building collapse toll rises to 16 - Aug 06, 2011
- Rangers called in to control Karachi's deteriorating situation - Feb 04, 2010
- MQM decides to rejoin Pakistan's ruling coalition - Jan 07, 2011
- Shooter Abhinav Bindra faces trouble over land - Sep 28, 2010
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: abbas, agha, chief guest, computer button, crises, director general, dynamism, ebad, ishrat, maqsood, mustafa kamal, naib, nasreen, nazim, pakistan president pervez musharraf, pervez musharraf, plots of land, president pervez musharraf, provincial ministers, room houses