Murray says he is no chokerFebruary 1st, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 1 (ANI): Andy Murray, who again failed to end Britain’s 75-year wait for a men’s Grand Slam champion, has said that he is not a choker.
Murray knows what the nation went through as Novak Djokovic destroyed his Australian Open dream, and knows that critics are ready to pounce on him after his third flop in a major final, The Sun reports.
“It’s true I haven’t produced, I know that. But it doesn’t faze me what everybody else thinks. I give the best I can every time. I’d like to have played better but I didn’t. It’s not an easy thing to get to a Grand Slam final - it is very difficult to win one, as well.
“Everyone can say whatever they think but I will go away and enjoy myself while they are worrying about it,” Murray said.
He further said that he wants to enjoy himself at tournaments and away from the court.
“It is balancing the two to make it as good and as fun as possible. The last year has been great and, hopefully, I will move on from here,” Murray said. (ANI)
- Djokovic overcomes Nadal to win US Open - Sep 13, 2011
- Rod Laver backs Murray to overcome Djokovic in Australian Open final - Jan 29, 2011
- `I'm just one match from Slam glory, insists Murray - Jan 29, 2011
- Murray storms into US Open final - Sep 09, 2012
- Ferrer thrashes Djokovic to reach semis at ATP final - Nov 24, 2011
- Federer beats Djokovic to reach Wimbledon final - Jul 06, 2012
- Murray should stop blaming others for his defeat: Navratilova - Mar 23, 2011
- Murray says he is mentally stronger in comparison to last year - Jan 30, 2011
- US Open: Federer, Murray drawn to meet in semis - Aug 24, 2012
- Oz Open: Federer is still blowing hot and cold - Jan 24, 2011
- Murray not to play tennis for two months after Oz Open loss - Jan 31, 2011
- Djokovic confident of winning maiden French Open crown - May 26, 2012
- Australian Open: Djokovic edges out Murray, meets Nadal in final - Jan 28, 2012
- US Open: Top four men cruise into semis - Sep 10, 2011
- Djokovic deserved to win Australian Open men's singles title: Murray - Jan 30, 2011