Murray can win Wimbledon this year, says HenmanJune 18th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 18(ANI): Former British tennis star Tim Henman has said that World No.3 player Andy Murray can become the first Brit since Fred Perry in 1936 to lift the historic Wimbledon trophy.
“Murray is certainty one of the players to beat, I can’t see a winner coming outside of the top three. He has closed the gap on Nadal and Federer, who have won 20 grand slams between them and he has a great chance of winning Wimbledon,” Mirror quoted Henman, as saying.
Henman believes that Murray has a winning mentality and is in the best shape of his life.
“From Wimbledon last year to this year, it has been phenomenal what Andy has been able to achieve,” Henman said.
British No.1 and world No.3 has reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon four times, but unfortunately he could not lift the trophy even once.
Tiger Tim believes that Murray, who last week became the first British Queens Club champion in 71 years, can roar to victory at Wimbledon, which begins on June 22.
“He is 12 months more mature and physically he has improved so much - he is fitter and stronger than he has ever been. His movement is great and from the back of the court he really is as good as anyone out there,” Henman said. (ANI)
- Murray vows to rock Nadal's Wimbledon title hopes - Jul 01, 2010
- Murrya will become first Brit since Fred Perry to win a Grand Slam: Henman - May 13, 2009
- Murray needs to acquire in your face attitude to win Grand Slam: Henman - Dec 01, 2010
- Rod Laver backs Murray to overcome Djokovic in Australian Open final - Jan 29, 2011
- Murray's fairytale Wimbledon victory fit for a Queen - Jun 24, 2010
- Henman backs Murray to win Wimbledon - May 20, 2010
- French Open: Top seeds advance to third round - May 31, 2012
- Queen to attend Murray's Wimbledon match - May 16, 2010
- Murray says he is mentally stronger in comparison to last year - Jan 30, 2011
- Murray's time 'yet to come': Tennis Scotland - Jan 31, 2011
- Bookies relieved, Murray miserable (Wimbledon Diary) - Jul 04, 2009
- Djokovic ends seven year Federer-Nadal domination at the top - Jul 04, 2011
- `I'm just one match from Slam glory, insists Murray - Jan 29, 2011
- Scottish Band dedicates song to inspire Murray to win Wimbledon - Jun 20, 2009
- US Open: Top four men cruise into semis - Sep 10, 2011
Tags: 12 months, andy murray, brit, british tennis, club champion, federer, fred perry, gap, grand slams, london, mentality, queens club, semi finals, shape, tennis star, tiger, tim henman, trophy, victory, wimbledon