Muralitharan named Ceat Cricketer of the YearNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:32 am ICT by admin
“I had a great year taking about 96 wickets, and it has been my career best performance,” said Muralitharan.
“With a little bit of hard work and considerable encouragement from my compatriots without whom it would not possible to garner so many wickets, since they have to hold on to all catches and field well, the main focus was to take wickets and make Sri Lanka win,” added Muralitharan.
The CEAT Cricket Year commences on May 1 and ends on April 30. The cricketer and team garnering the highest number of points in their categories at the end of this period are the winners.
This year, CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) awards also celebrated the diamond jubilee of the India, Australian Test series, and gave away the specially created Lifetime Achievement Award to leg spinner Anil Kumble and Ponting, both of whom were given a cheque of 5000 dollars each.
The Lifetime Achievement award recipients have been selected on the basis of the Retro-CEAT Ratings and were decided taking into consideration the performances of Indian and Australian players in Test matches since 1947.
Eminent cricketers from India and Australia, besides the glitterati of Mumbai, were attended the award function. (ANI)
- Muralitharan, Vettori guide Royal Challengers to win over Daredevils (Roundup) - Apr 07, 2012
- Muralitharan finishes with 800 Test wickets - Jul 22, 2010
- England-Lanka WC quarterfinal, a battle of two great off spinners - Mar 26, 2011
- Muralitharan to play crucial role in Sri Lanka's CWG bid - Nov 04, 2011
- Kumble calls Muralitharan's 800-wickets feat as "unparalleled" - Jul 22, 2010
- Australia will play Muralitharan with confidence: Julian - Mar 03, 2011
- Muralitharan eager to play 2011 WC to help Lanka repeat 1996 success - Aug 20, 2010
- Bedi was an ordinary bowler: Muralitharan - Jul 28, 2010
- Australia's questioning of Murali's bowling action unjustified: Sangakkara - Oct 20, 2010
- Murali's achievements will inspire new generation of young cricketers: Pawar - Jul 17, 2010
- Wankhede cheers for Muralitharan in his swansong match - Apr 02, 2011
- Muralitharan reaches 800 Test wicket landmark - Jul 22, 2010
- Muralitharan cheered by fans at his last ODI (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Indian batsmen strike gold at the CEAT awards 2009 - Nov 30, 2009
- Cricket Australia manages coup, ropes in Muralidaran for guest spin coach role - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: achievement award recipients, australian playersl kumble, best performance, ccr, ceat ratings, cricket, cricketer, cricketers, diamond jubilee, field well, glitterati, great year, India, lifetime achievement award, ponting, taking into consideration, test matches, test series, wickets