Muralitharan available to play for BengalSeptember 30th, 2008 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 29 (IANS) Sri Lankan spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan will be available to play for Bengal in the upcoming edition of the Ranji Trophy.The Cricket Association of Bengal’s efforts to get the services of the bowling legend for the state team, which has been demoted to the Plate Division of the tournament, bore fruit Monday when Sri Lanka Cricket chief Duleep Mendis faxed a message saying Muralitharan will be available to turn out for Bengal in the upcoming season.
“Murali is now available to play for Bengal. Further details will come later,” CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya said here Monday.
Dalmiya said the Indian board’s chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty has also cleared Muralitharan’s participation for Bengal.
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- BCCI asks ICC to reconsider decision on Eden - Jan 28, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Sourav-led technical body differs with working committee - Feb 17, 2012
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- Muralitharan takes blame for India's dominating win over Sri Lanka - Apr 04, 2011
- Murali's record tough to break: Sourav Ganguly - Jul 23, 2010
- Dalmiya re-elected CAB president - Jul 28, 2012
- Eden will be ready by Feb 5, says Bengal minister - Jan 30, 2011
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- ICC team wants Eden garden work to be completed by Jan 31 - Jan 25, 2011
- Kumble calls Muralitharan's 800-wickets feat as "unparalleled" - Jul 22, 2010
- Siddons unhappy with Muralitharan's signing before his appointment - May 14, 2011
- ICC refuses to grant India-England match to Eden (Lead) - Jan 30, 2011
- CAB appoints Whatmore as coaching director - Aug 17, 2010
- Ganguly announces retirement from all forms of cricket - Feb 07, 2011