Murali ‘not too worried’ about Australian crowdsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:45 am ICT by admin
“I am not too worried about the crowds. It will be the same as before. (Former Sri Lankan coach) Tom (Moody) told me that they only do it to try and distract you … I am looking forward to the challenge,” The Age quoted Murali, as saying.
However, former Australian captain Mark Taylor believes Murali would struggle to break Shane Warne’s world-record of 708 in Australia, pointing to the spinner’s poor record here.
“Look, it’s not going to be easy,” Taylor said.
“He’s got two Tests in Brisbane and Hobart, and they’re not noted for taking spin, although he gets a bit more bounce than most, so if he bowls well in Brisbane he’s certainly a chance,” Taylor added.
Murali is arriving in Australia today with 700 Test wickets, would love to claim Warne’s record here, but is under no illusions as to the difficulty of the task.
“You never know if I’ll make (Warne’s record) or not,” he said. “Eight wickets are a lot of wickets in two Test matches.” (ANI)
- Cricket Australia manages coup, ropes in Muralidaran for guest spin coach role - Feb 08, 2011
- Muralitharan ends Test career with a staggering 800 wickets (Lead) - Jul 22, 2010
- Impossible to break Murali's record: Warne - Jul 17, 2010
- Kumble calls Muralitharan's 800-wickets feat as "unparalleled" - Jul 22, 2010
- Warne to enter Oz Cricket Hall of Fame, Clarke favourite for Border medal - Feb 26, 2012
- Muralitharan does not deserve 'highest wicket-taker' record, Warne does: Emerson - Jul 08, 2010
- Muralitharan turns his back on Cricket Australia's coaching role - Mar 01, 2011
- Muralitharan cheered by fans at his last ODI (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Muralitharan finishes with 800 Test wickets - Jul 22, 2010
- Murali's Centre of Excellence stint would be a priceless for young Oz spinners: Healy - Feb 10, 2011
- Calls for Warne's return to Oz Ashes team 'nonsensical': Hussey - Dec 13, 2010
- Muralitharan reaches 800 Test wicket landmark - Jul 22, 2010
- Australia's questioning of Murali's bowling action unjustified: Sangakkara - Oct 20, 2010
- Murali's perfect eight in 10-wicket Sri Lanka win (Lead) - Jul 22, 2010
- Muralitharan to play crucial role in Sri Lanka's CWG bid - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: australia, australian captain, back to the sea, brisbane, captain mark taylor, chance taylor, coach tom, crowds, december 26 2004 tsunami, devastation, galle sri lanka, have been injured, i am looking forward, murali, shane warne, sri lankan, test matches, test wickets, tom moody, world record