Mumbai Cricket Association felicitates TendulkarJanuary 10th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan.10 (ANI): The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) on Friday felicitated India’’s ace cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for crossing the milestone of 12,000 runs in Test Cricket.
Vice-president of International Cricket Council (ICC) Sharad Pawar and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BBCI) president-elect Shashank Manohar felicitated Tendulkar.
“To be honest, every cricketer here grew up having a target in front of them, which as obviously to meet Sunil Gavaskar’’s record. And that is, most of us were told, that is where you have to reach if you have to play serious cricket and to become a big player where people would remember you. So that was sort of a target,” said Tendulkar.
Tendulkar surpassed West Indies Brian Lara as the highest test run-scorer in the second match against Australia in Mohali.
Tendulkar holds a number of batting records, including the highest aggregate of one-day runs (16,361) and centuries (42). He also holds the record for most Test hundreds (41).
The felicitation ceremony was part of the inauguration of the recreation centre of the MCA indoor cricket academy.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan inaugurated the recreation centre. (ANI)
- Sports fans across India celebrate Tendulkar's 38th birthday with fervour - Apr 24, 2011
- Sehwag smashes 22nd Test ton, Dravid 30th (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 04, 2010
- Tendulkar's fans in Rajkot celebrate his birthday with 93 statues - Apr 24, 2010
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
- BJP supports demand to confer 'Bharat Ratna' to Sachin - Apr 05, 2011
- Maharashtra Govt. to recommend Sachin's name for 'Bharat Ratna' - Apr 05, 2011
- Sachin is fourth Indian to hit four Test tons on trot (Statistical Highlights) - Feb 15, 2010
- Who is the greatest, Gavaskar or Tendulkar? - Nov 14, 2009
- Motera eagerly awaits Tendulkar's 100th century - Mar 24, 2011
- Tendulkar completes 22 years in international cricket - Nov 15, 2011
- Ian Chappell says Lara better than Ponting and Tendulkar - Jan 31, 2012
- Tendulkar is leading run-scorer in World Cup (Statistics, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 08, 2011
- Sachin Tendulkar: A diminutive man and colossal cricketer (Profile) - Mar 16, 2012
- Harbhajan strikes maiden century as first Test ends in draw (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 08, 2010
- Tendukar scores 50th Test century (Statistical highlights) - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: ashok, bbci, brian lara, cricket academy, felicitation, indoor cricket, international cricket council, maharashtra chief minister, manohar, mohali, mumbai cricket association, president elect, recreation centre, sharad pawar, shashank, target, tendulkar, test cricket, test hundreds, test run