Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns GazzaJanuary 7th, 2009 - 8:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.7 (ANI): Paul Gascoignes heart- broken mum collapsed in tears as she watched her grandchild disown her famous son on TV.
According to the Daily Star, the soccer legends mother Carol, 61, was devastated by the documentary charting his slump into alcoholism.
She watched in dismay as Gazzas ex-wife Sheryl, 43, revealed that the England legend had beaten her in booze-fuelled rages.
And she broke down as the couples 12-year-old son Regan said that he wished his dad would go away.
Along with Sheryl and her other children Bianca, 22, and Mason, 19, Regan followed his father to a booze bender in Portugal and told him he was turning his back on him for good.
A family pal said the scenes left Carol distraught.
She said: She watched it through tears. It was hard enough watching Pauls bizarre behaviour laid out for all the public to see, but the worst part for her was seeing her grandchild disowning her son. She was so distraught. She was crying too much to speak. It must have been so distressing to see just how sick Paul is.
She understands how Sheryl and the children feel, but it was devastating to hear her grandson say those things, the family pal added.
The documentary showed Gazza, 41, desperately calling home between drinking bouts as he toured Europe with heavy metal giants Iron Maiden.
He had briefly moved back in with Sheryl and the children before the bender, following a stint in rehab last year. But, as exclusively revealed by the Daily Star, he stormed out when Sheryl refused to let him sleep with her.
The documentary showed Sheryl and the children take the heart-rending decision to cut him out of their lives.
Gazza is currently undergoing Equine Assisted Psychotherapy at the specialist Stepps rehab centre in Minsterworth, Gloucestshire.
Gazza was not allowed to watch the documentary and has been cut off from the outside world during his 2,000-pound-a-week stay.
He will move to the Sporting Chance clinic, owned by fellow ex-England star Tony Adams, 42, next week. (ANI)
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- Gazza devastated after son disowns him - Dec 29, 2008
- Gazza is off alcohol, keen to unite with family - Feb 21, 2009
- Gazzas girl gets immense public support post emotional documentary - Jan 08, 2009
- Gazzas ex-wife gets immense public support post emotional documentary - Jan 12, 2009
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009
- Gazza saves himself from bankruptcy by selling two houses - Jan 09, 2009
- Tearful Sheryl pleads for Gazza to come home - Aug 11, 2008
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- Gazza says will marry the woman who saved his life - Oct 13, 2008
- Gazza believes ex-wife is aiming to kill him - Jun 16, 2009
- Gazza says he didnt even fancy his ex-wife Sheryl - Jan 05, 2009
- Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wife - Mar 25, 2009
Tags: alcoholism, bender, bizarre behaviour, booze, collapses, daily star, dismay, drinking bouts, equine assisted psychotherapy, gazza, iron maiden, jan 7, london jan, metal giants, mother carol, rages, regan, slump, sporting chance, stint