Mughal Road Car Rally navigator dies of injuriesJuly 3rd, 2012 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 3 (IANS) Another participant of the Mughal Road Car Rally injured in an accident Sunday died in a hospital here Tuesday.
“Ashish Mahajan, the injured navigator of the car rally who was admitted to Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura yesterday (Monday), died today,” Aamir Ali, disaster management cell in-charge at the provincial headquarters, told IANS.
“Earlier, the driver, Jitender Singh, died after the car fell into a gorge in Sinthan,” Ali said.
The prize distribution ceremony for the winners of the 600-km rally scheduled for Monday was cancelled following Singh’s death.
Sixty-seven people took part in the rally which was flagged off Saturday from the edge of the famed Dal Lake in Srinagar by Minister of State for Tourism Nasir Aslam Wani.
Indian automobile giants– Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra– participated in the event.
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical - Jul 02, 2012
- India's auto giants to battle it out in J&K; Rally - Jun 06, 2012
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- 'King of racers' aims to conquer Mughal rally - Jun 23, 2011
- Omar orders probe into attack on minister - Dec 12, 2011
- Stage set for J&K; Rally next weekend - Jun 23, 2012
- National Conference worker shot at in Srinagar - Sep 15, 2011
- Legislator blames doctors for death of Kashmiri kids - May 17, 2012
- 18 injured in Srinagar bridge collapse - Aug 11, 2012
- Former militant, bystander shot at in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2012
- Top rally drivers to take part in Dakshin Dare - Apr 08, 2012
- 103 deaths in 104 days as curfew continues in Kashmir - Sep 22, 2010
- The king is modest in tiring triumph - Oct 17, 2011
- One killed, 24 injured in Kashmir car bomb blast (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: aslam, car rally, dal lake, disaster management, indian automobile, kashmir, mahindra, management cell, maruti suzuki, medical sciences, minister of state, nasir, participant, prize distribution, provincial headquarters, rally navigator, road car, soura, tata motors, wani