Mourinho jibes Wenger over Arsenal’s protracted trophy droughtNovember 27th, 2010 - 2:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 27(ANI): Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has launched a vicious attack on Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger over the English club’s failure to win a trophy in the last five years.
Mourinho’s attack comes after Wenger denounced Real’s controversial time-wasting tactics against Ajax on Tuesday.
Wenger had urged UEFA to punish Mourinho and Real Madrid for the ‘horrible’ charade, which led to suspicious red cards for Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos.
“Instead of speaking about Real Madrid, Wenger should speak about Arsenal and explain how he lost 2-0 against a team in the Champions League for the first time,” the Sun quoted Mourinho, as saying.
“He should especially explain to Arsenal supporters how he can’t win one single little trophy since 2005,” he added.
Mourinho was mocking Arsenal’s 2-0 Champions League defeat against Braga, which has left the club in danger of crashing out of the tournament.
The former Chelsea manager also slammed Wenger’s claims that the Gunners’ side is still mostly inexperienced.
“The history about the young kids is getting old now. Sagna, Clichy, Walcott, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Van Persie, Arshavin are NOT kids. They are all top players,” Mourinho said. (ANI)
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Madrid eyes Wenger, Loew after fallout with Mourinho - Jan 25, 2012
- Mourinho re-ignites feud with Wenger, brands Arsenal 'Premier League write-offs' - Aug 25, 2010
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Real Madrid prepare to take on Ajax in Champions League - Sep 26, 2011
- Juventus looking for Van Persie - May 09, 2012
- Chelsea get tricky draw; Madrid, City in group of death - Aug 31, 2012
- Rumours over his future irritate Mourinho - Feb 12, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Fighting Arsenal bow out of Champions League - Mar 07, 2012
- Fatigue and injury problems for Spain - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Referee almost hit Wenger after touchline row' - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: ajax, arsenal manager arsene wenger, arsenal supporters, braga, champions league, charade, drought, fabregas, gunners, jose mourinho, manager arsene wenger, nasri, real madrid, red cards, sergio ramos, van persie, vicious attack, walcott, xabi alonso, young kids