Motorcycle riders conquer Goa’s treacherous tracksNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:00 am ICT by admin
There were separate classes for various categories of bikes.
The riders said that the track in Goa, measuring 800 metres with seven double jumps, one triple jump, and three single jumps, was quite challenging.
“The track was slippery and there are lot of stones. It was also very hot but it was a nice race. I finished first and I feel good about it,” said Karan Kadam, the participant who finished first in this round.
This was the third time that the championship was held in the coastal state.
Besides Kadam, C S Santosh, Arvind K P (TVS), Yogesh Barguje, Eeshen Lokhande, Rustom Patel (Privateer) were also participated.
The event was organised by Sportstrek, pioneers in the two-wheeler and four wheeler racing arena based in Pune in Association with Auto Sports Association of Goa( ASAG). The main title sponsors for this year’s Championship were MRF Tyres and co- Sponsorer TVs Motor Company.
Motorcycle racing is at a very nascent stage in India but is slowly picking up with the rising popularity of Narain Karthekayan, the country’s only Formula One driver. (ANI)
- Motorist Veer Patel extends lead - May 07, 2012
- 150 bikers take part in Coimbatore supercross - Jul 11, 2010
- Veer Patel upstages Aravind in National Supercross - Apr 30, 2012
- MRF National Supercross from May 24 - May 18, 2009
- TVS racing dominates MRF Supercross Championship - Dec 14, 2010
- Jagan dominates day two of national motorcycle racing - Jun 05, 2011
- Veer Patel wins MRF Supercross - Dec 07, 2009
- Pradeep best rider of MRF Supercross - May 27, 2009
- Dirt track racing in Jodhpur - Sep 23, 2011
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
- Goa to host MRF National Supercross Championship - May 23, 2009
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- National motorcycle championship set for close finish - Sep 30, 2011
- An incentive for top three in JK Junior Cup racing - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: arvind, auto sports, coastal state, double jumps, four wheeler, goa, kadam, motorcycle racers, motorcycle riders, mrf tyres, narain, nascent stage, privateer, santosh, sports association, title sponsors, tvs, yogesh