Mother and wife shower Federer with praiseJune 4th, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, June 4 (IANS) Roger Federer’s father Robert and mother Lynette were visibly excited in the stands as they watched their son end Novak Djokovic’s winning streak at the French Open semi-final.
“For me, of course, it’s a great feeling because you guys, the press guys, all of a sudden say this guy is over and done with. And, for me, it’s just great that he can prove you guys all wrong,” Lynette was quoted as saying by the New York Times.
Even when his son was changing in the locker room, Robert kept himself with beers. He rushed to the bar to fetch three glasses of beer and raised a toast with his wife for his son.
“I’ve been here since Wednesday a week ago, and I could feel that he was very comfortable. And I could feel that somehow, he felt very much at ease. For me this is a sign that, oh yeah, he can do anything. He can either lose in the third round, fourth round, or he can go all the way,” said Lynette, as tears rolled down her eyes.
“There’s not too many words to be said. He knows. And we understand each other too good to carry on about it too long,” she added.
Few metres away, Mirka, Rogers’s wife and mother of his twin daughters, was exchanging hugs and replying to text messages.
“I’m very excited,” she said. “He’s the best. For me, at least, he’s the best.”
- Federer backs Murray to win Oz Open 2011 - Jan 28, 2011
- Federer beats Djokovic to reach Wimbledon final - Jul 06, 2012
- Olympics: Federer acknowledges he's favourite - Jul 27, 2012
- Djokovic happy about playing Olympics on grass - Jul 26, 2012
- Djokovic. Murray, Federer advance to third round - Nov 10, 2011
- Murray enters Oz Open finals, to face Djokovic - Jan 28, 2011
- Greatest match of my life: Djokovic - Jan 30, 2012
- Djokovic beats Nadal to win maiden Wimbledon title (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Nadal calls the Australian Open final as his toughest match - Jan 30, 2012
- US Open: Ultra consistent Djokovic, a familiar foe for Federer - Sep 07, 2010
- Djokovic overcomes Nadal to win US Open - Sep 13, 2011
- No change of guard in men's tennis, says defeated Federer - Jan 28, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic to face Ferrer in semis - Sep 07, 2012
- Nadal beats Murray, to meet Djokovic in Wimbledon final (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Djokovic, new king of tennis in 2011 - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: beers, french open, glasses, locker room, lynette, mother and wife, new york times, novak djokovic, paris, roger federer, rogers, text messages, toast, twin daughters, wife shower, winning streak