Mohun Bagan ground Air India 3-1 in I-LeagueDecember 28th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 28 (IANS) Nigerian striker Odafa Okolie fired a brace as Mohun Bagan got past Air India 3-1 in an I-League football match at the Salt Lake Stadium here Wednesday.
While Odafa scored once in each half - in the 41st and 84th minutes, Ashim Biswas found the target in the 80th minute while Md. Safi struck the only goal for the airmen.
After a dozen outings, Bagan now have 24 points, while Air India stay on 19.
Odafa drew first blood from a Hudson Lima pass. The Nigerian outwitted two defenders and placed home.
The airmen upped the ante in the second session and Safi scored in the 54th minute to make the scoreline 1-1.
But the deadlock was broken yet again as Ashim Biswas trapped a Rakesh Masih pass and beat Air India’s Sengalese defender Lamine Tamba to send the ball in with a rasping shot from a narrow angle.
Six minutes from time, Odafa launched into a solo from outside the box, beat a maze of defenders and found the net for the final goal of the match.
- Mohun Bagan, Mumbai FC win (Roundup) - Oct 24, 2011
- Odafa rescues Mohun Bagan again in I-League - Feb 11, 2012
- Odafe hat-trick helps Mohun Bagan come from behind to beat Arrows - Oct 24, 2011
- I-League: Mohun Bagan thrash Shillong Lajong - Apr 10, 2012
- East Bengal, Mohun Bagan finish 1-1 in I-League - Feb 04, 2012
- Sporting Clube stun Mohun Bagan in I-League - Jan 19, 2012
- I-League: Dempo hold Mohun Bagan - Apr 01, 2012
- I-League: HAL hold Mohun Bagan to a goalless draw - Apr 06, 2012
- Federation Cup: Wahingdoh shock Mohun Bagan - Sep 18, 2011
- Prayag United, Mumbai FC shock rivals - Nov 23, 2011
- Federation Cup: Mohun Bagan bow out, Wahingdoh upset Churchill - Sep 20, 2011
- Barreto misses penalty as Salgaocar hold Bagan 1-1 - Apr 10, 2010
- Mohun Bagan get past East Bengal 1-0 in I-league - Nov 21, 2011
- I-League: Barreto scores in his swansong as Bagan blank Pune FC - May 06, 2012
- Relegation threatened Chirag United face Mohun Bagan in I-League - Jan 30, 2012