Modern Turkey founder Ataturk’s yacht seized over vice ring allegationsSeptember 30th, 2010 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.30 (ANI): The Turkish Government has seized a state yacht that was once used by Kemal Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey, following media reports that a vice ring had used the vessel to throw sex parties with prostitutes. Turkey bought the Savarona in 1938, and Ataturk spent a few weeks aboard the yacht, but died later that year.
Eight women and two underage girls, all of whom were believed to be prostitutes, were taken for health checks after authorities in the Mediterranean city of Antalya confiscated the 136-metre Savarona, state-run Anatolian news agency reported.
The Telegraph reports that all eight people, including two women, remain in custody.
Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek said that he had given the necessary instructions for the cancellation of the ship’s lease, and warned the owners that if this was not done, the case would go to court. (ANI)
- Yacht owned by founder of Turkey used by prostitution ring - Dec 21, 2010
- Donald Trump's business partner charged with running prostitution ring - Oct 03, 2010
- Turkish hackers attack Spartak site - Aug 23, 2012
- World weightlifting championships begins in Turkey - Sep 17, 2010
- Turkey conducts its first face transplant - Jan 22, 2012
- UAE, Turkey discuss economic, trade relations - Feb 11, 2011
- Turkish police arrest 20 suspected Al Qaeda militants - Jan 18, 2010
- Cops caught out sex acts on Trump's associate's vice cruise - Oct 02, 2010
- Where clocks have frozen in remembrance of Ataturk (IANS Travel - With Images) - May 25, 2010
- Ansari to go to Turkey Monday, focus on trade - Oct 08, 2011
- Bodies of Turkish pilots killed in Syria shooting found - Jul 05, 2012
- Turkish military plane crashes in Mediterranean - Jun 22, 2012
- Israeli government the problem, not the people: Turkish PM - Oct 03, 2011
- NATO chopper crash kills 14 near Kabul (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Sweet sounds of chai, kitap and sekar in Turkish (IANS Travel) - Jun 14, 2010
Tags: allegations, authorities, cancellation, finance minister, founder of modern turkey, health checks, kemal ataturk, london, mediterranean city, mehmet simsek, necessary instructions, news agency, prostitutes, savarona, sex parties, telegraph reports, turkish government, two women, underage girls, yacht