Modern School triumph in school footballAugust 17th, 2012 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Modern School, Vasant Vihar defeated Army Public School (APS), Dhaula Kuan 2-1 in preliminary round league match of the first Delhi Soccer Association’s (DSA) Inter-School Girls Football Tournament being held at Netaji Subhash Sports Complex here Friday.
Modern School’s striker Ankusha scored the first goal in the fifth minute. Kudrat Mehta restored parity for APS in the 15th minute. Later, Ankusha scored her second goal to give her side the victory in the 23rd minute.
In other matches, Amity International, Saket drew goalless with Bluebells School.
Sadar Patel School also played a goalless encounter against Step by Step School, Greater Noida to share a point each.
- Modern School triumph in girls' football - Aug 18, 2012
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: Argentina end India's title hopes - May 30, 2012
- India U-16 lose second football friendly - Sep 12, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, add to commuter woes - Jul 08, 2011
- Euphoria engulfs Zambia after AFCON triumph - Feb 13, 2012
- Punjab, Manipur pick up big wins in Santosh trophy - Jul 16, 2010
- India eves in semis of Junior Asia Cup hockey - Jul 03, 2012
- Security up in Delhi on Christmas eve - Dec 24, 2010
- 1,200 Delhi schools lack fire safety measures - Dec 15, 2010
- Salgaocar thrash Churchill Brothers 3-0 in I-League - Jan 22, 2012
- Haryana to play Railways in women's national hockey final - Jan 29, 2011
- East Bengal scrape past Chirag United 4-3 - Apr 16, 2012
- Bhaichung Bhutia: A fairytale journey (Profile) - Aug 24, 2011
- India draw with Australia in U-21 women's hockey - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: amity, aps, army public school, dhaula kuan, dsa, encounter, football tournament, greater noida, inter school, match, mehta, New Delhi, parity, saket, school football, school girls, soccer association, striker, triumph, victory