Mishra registers second hat-trick in IPL(Statistical Highlights)May 16th, 2008 - 2:48 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Amit Mishra claimed the second hat-trick of the Indian Premier League (IPL) here Thursday night to guide Delhi Daredevils to a thrilling 12-run win over Deccan Chargers. Mishra picked up five for 17 and became the third bowler after Sohail Tanvir (6/14) and Lakshmipathy Balaji (5/24) to claim five wickets or more in an IPL innings.
The Daredevils spinner became the second bowler after Chennai Super Kings’ Balaji to record a hat-trick in the IPL.
The following are the other statistical highlights of the match:
* After losing four successive games, Delhi Daredevils have won by 12 runs - their fifth victory out of 10 games played.
* Delhi Daredevils have won both their games against Deccan Chargers. They had won their first encounter against Deccan Chargers by nine wickets at Hyderabad April 22.
* Deccan Chargers became the first team to lose eight games in the IPL.
* Delhi (194/4) posted their highest score in the IPL, eclipsing their 191 for five against Bangalore Royal Challengers at Delhi April 30.
* Virender Sehwag registered his second successive duck. In his previous innings against Kolkata Knight Riders at Kolkata May 13, he had registered a first-ball duck.
* Gautam Gambhir became the first batsman to aggregate 400 runs in the IPL - 425 at an average of 47.22 in 10 games.
* Gambhir (79 off 48 balls) also became the first player to register five fifties in the IPL.
* Shikhar Dhawan (68 not out off 52 balls) posted his highest ever score in the IPL - his fourth fifty in the competition. His previous highest was 59 off 46 balls against Chennai Super Kings at Delhi May 8.
* Dhawan’s 68 not out is his career-best score in Twenty20.
* The 133-run stand between Gambhir and Dhawan is a record for the second wicket in the IPL, eclipsing the 112 (unbroken) twice - between Gambhir and Dhawan vs Rajasthan Royals at Delhi April 19 and between Sehwag and Dhawan vs Deccan Chargers at Hyderabad April 22.
* Rudra Pratap Singh (4-0-50-0) became the first bowler to concede 50 runs or more in an innings twice in the IPL. In the previous game against Kolkata Knight Chargers at Hyderabad May 11, his figures were 4-0-59-1, earning the dubious distinction of conceding most runs in an innings.
* Mohammad Asif (4-0-51-0) and Rudra Pratap Singh have provided the first instance of two bowlers conceding 50 runs or more in the same IPL match.
* Rudra Pratap Singh has conceded 323 runs in the competition - the most by any bowler in the IPL, eclipsing Manpreet Gony’s tally of 318 runs.
* Shahid Afridi (33) posted his highest score in the competition but his overall batting performance in the IPL is below average - 80 runs in seven innings at an average of 13.33.
* Herschelle Gibbs (22) also posted his highest score in the competition but his overall batting performance in the IPL is below average - 68 runs in six innings at an average of 11.33.
* Rohit Sharma, during the course of his innings of 33, became the fourth batsman to aggregate 300 runs or more in the IPL. His tally of 331 is the third best, next only to Gambhir (425) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (332). Gilchrist (322) is the fourth in the list.
Tags: best score, challengers, chennai, daredevils, deccan, eight games, fifth victory, fifties, first batsman, first encounter, hat trick, highest score, hyderabad ap, knight riders, lakshmipathy balaji, nine wickets, shikhar dhawan, sohail, virender sehwag, wicket