Minnesota Twins trade Boof Bonser to Boston Red SoxDecember 11th, 2009 - 12:55 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Minneapolis, Dec 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a new development the Minnesota Twins have traded right-hander Boof Bonser to the Boston Red Sox. The other part of the deal is yet to be known. So the Boston red Sox can pay fro Boof Bonser in the form of another player or with cash too.
The Minnesota Twins announced the barter on Thursday. The 28-year-old Boof Bonser was already out of the way in Minnesota, designated for assignment earlier this week after pitcher Carl Pavano agreed to go to arbitration with the team.
Minnesota Twins probably traded Boof Bonser, because he missed all last season after having surgery on his pitching shoulder. As far as statistics show, he was 18-25 in his career with the Twins with a 5.12 ERA.
“It was a difficult decision because he’s worked hard all season in our rehab program,” Twins general manager Bill Smith said of Bonser. “But we have some depth in that position, so we made the decision to designate him.”
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Red Sox Acquires Jeremy Hermida For Alvarez And Jones - Nov 06, 2009
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Manny Ramirez And Johnny Damon Hired By Tampa Bay Rays - Jan 22, 2011
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Cop fired for Carl Crawford slur - Jul 27, 2012
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Angels Wins Against Red Sox for Three Home Runs of Torii Hunter - Oct 09, 2009
- Jim Thome Hits Walk Off Homer Against Former Team - Aug 18, 2010
- C B Bucknor Misses Three Calls In Red Sox Vs Angels Match - Oct 09, 2009
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League Baseball - Mar 11, 2010