Milan not to raise offer for BecksFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb. 22 (ANI): AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has said that they are not going to raise their offer from the reported three million dollar to continue David Beckham.
The Sun quoted Galliani, as saying, Milan has made the offer that it considered fair for an eight-month loan. As Leiweke confirmed, on November 30, David can become a free agent at zero cost.
Galaxy supremo Tim Leiweke announced on Saturday that Beckham would return to the US to continue his career on March 9 once his short-term loan spell ends with Milan, unless the Italians make a substantial increase to a reported three million dollar offer that he rejected immediately.
Galliani expressed his gratitude towards Galaxy for lending them the midfielder for sometime.
I dont intend to make a controversy, in fact, I thank Galaxy for allowing us to have Beckham on loan in these past few months, he added.
When asked if Milan will raise the offer, Galliani said: Absolutely not. I have experience to know the price of a player. And according to the European parameters, there is no sense is spending more.
Beckham has been a hit for Milan since joining the club in January and the England midfielder has expressed his desire to remain in Serie A. (ANI)
- AC Milan's doors always open for Beckham after end of loan term - Jan 16, 2010
- Ferguson rules out Beckham's Man U return - Dec 24, 2010
- Tevez is money-seeker, says Seedorf - Dec 12, 2011
- Beckham back at AC Milan in January - Nov 03, 2009
- Milan want Kaka back on loan - Aug 27, 2012
- LA Galaxy say Beckham deal not imminent - Feb 21, 2009
- Beckham rules out Premier League return - Dec 21, 2010
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Beckham all set for AC Milan return - Oct 27, 2009
- Beckham seals deal to return to AC Milan in December - Nov 03, 2009
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
- Manchester City reject Milan's Tevez bid - Dec 11, 2011
- 'I tried to get Beckham to Sunderland', says Steve Bruce - Dec 26, 2010
- L.A. Galaxy rubbishes Milan claim of being close to signing Beckham - Feb 20, 2009
Tags: ac milan, adriano galliani, becks, controversy, david beckham, desire, england, free agent, galaxy, gratitude towards, italians, london feb, midfielder, parameters, short term loan, substantial increase, sun, tim leiweke, vice president