Milan coach Ancelotti in talks with ChelseaMay 26th, 2009 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, May 26 (DPA) AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti appears to have had contacts with Chelsea about a possible move to England, La Gazzetta dello Sport reported Tuesday.
The Milan newspaper said that Andriy Shevchenko, the Ukrainian veteran who last summer returned to Milan after two season at Chelsea, acted as interpreter between the coach and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.
The Russian oil magnate could offer Ancelotti a three-year contract worth 5 million euros ($7 million) per season.
Despite growing rumours about his farewell in Milan after nine seasons with the Devils, Ancelotti last week denied to have talked recently with the London club.
“I did it last year, not this year,” he said. “I’m the coach of Milan until June 2010.”
Club owner Silvio Berlusconi said Monday that “Milan have not yet chosen their coach.”
Berlusconi said he considers Ancelotti a family member and a truly serious person.
“We’ll sit down at the end of the season (Sunday) to take the best decisions for him and for Milan,” said Berlusconi.
Ancelotti, 49, steered Milan to one Serie A title, two Champions League titles and one World Club Championship.
The Devils Sunday visit Fiorentina in a crucial season-ending league match in which they aim to secure direct access into the next European Champions League.
- Liverpool rejects 35 million pound Chelsea bid for Torres - Jan 28, 2011
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Lucky to still be in Chelsea job: Ancelotti - Jan 05, 2011
- Di Matteo appointed permanent Chelsea coach - Jun 14, 2012
- Ancelotti wants to extend his stay at Chelsea - Apr 06, 2011
- Ancelotti admits he may leave Chelsea this year - Mar 21, 2011
- Chelsea FC not dead yet, says coach Ancelotti - Feb 22, 2011
- Ancelotti refuses to speak about his Blues future - Apr 21, 2011
- Ancelotti to face Abramovich inquest even if Chelsea wins double - May 05, 2010
- Abramovich backs Ancelotti's move to have Kaka at Chelsea - May 16, 2010
- Guardiola to take sabbatical from football - Apr 27, 2012
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Berlusconi retracts criticism of coach Ancelotti - May 13, 2009
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
- Italian soccer club orders wives, girlfriends to keep players happy - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: ac milan, andriy shevchenko, carlo ancelotti, chelsea owner roman abramovich, club owner, contract worth, direct access, european champions, fiorentina, gazzetta dello sport, la gazzetta dello, la gazzetta dello sport, league titles, london club, oil magnate, owner roman abramovich, rumours, russian oil, silvio berlusconi, world club championship