Milan can retain Serie A title: AlegriApril 26th, 2012 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, April 26 (IANS) AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri insisted that his side could still retain the Serie A title after they beat a 10-man Genoa 1-0.
“Until the mathematical possibilities are wiped out, we will continue to believe and try to fight back,” Allegri was quoted as saying by Xinhua after his team’s win here Wednesday.
“The pessimism is around us, but not within the team. If Juventus reach 86 points then it means they have deserved the title. We’ll have to wait and see.
“It is a pity that we have dropped five points on home turf, but we were coming off months at full tilt. The important thing was to win and keep the Scudetto race alive. I believe something can still happen,” he said.
It looked to be a goalless draw until Kevin-Prince Boateng’s late winner, though Genoa had penalty appeals for an Alessandro Nesta handling offence in the first half.
“It was a penalty, looking at the footage,” confessed Allegri. “Genoa did well on a tactical level today and did not allow us any space.
“We had pressure on us to win, as we were coming off two disappointing home performances. After the break we created a few more scoring opportunities. We do tend to find goals, but the problem recently is we’ ve given too many away,” he added.
- Juve win Serie A title after Milan loses in derby - May 07, 2012
- Nothing is decided yet, says Milan coach - Apr 23, 2012
- AC Milan maintain Serie A lead with win over Atalanta - Jan 09, 2012
- Milan keep pressure on Juventus with win over Novara - Jan 23, 2012
- Allegri hails crucial win for AC Milan - Apr 11, 2012
- Loss to Lazio will do us good: Allegri - Feb 02, 2012
- Juve, Milan win to keep title race open - Apr 26, 2012
- Allegri satisfied with draw against Napoli - Feb 06, 2012
- Milan extend lead as Juve held in Serie A - Mar 12, 2012
- Juventus beat Inter Milan in Serie A - Mar 26, 2012
- AC Milan win, Juventus held - Mar 04, 2012
- Champions League: Xavi's winner seals top spot for Barcelona - Nov 24, 2011
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Milan-Juventus game may decide Serie A title, says Allegri - Feb 20, 2012
- Juventus surpass Milan to top Serie A - Apr 08, 2012