Mike Tyson set to send autobiography for publicationFebruary 13th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 13 (ANI): Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson is all set to send his memoir for publication, and is leaving no stones unturned to avoid any leaks.
He has made it a point that only five publishers see his book proposal, according to reports.
“It is similar to the way the Kurt Cobain journals were sold, which went for 4 million dollars,” the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
“Just eight people were invited down to the Inn on Irving Place to view Kurt’’s actual journals and hear his unreleased song.
“The book went on to be a No. 1 best-seller,” the source added.
Tyson started penning his own story while he was in jail.
“Me and my cellmate would read to each other at night,” he told one editor.
“One night I would read out loud to him, the next night he would read out loud to me. And we would do that back and forth until the book was completed,” he added. (ANI)
- PETA protests pigeon racing outside Mike Tyson's home - Mar 09, 2011
- Billy Ray Cyrus shunned spotlight after pal Kurt Cobain's death - Feb 19, 2011
- Love dreams of marrying rich man - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Autobiography of Mark Twain' a big hit across US - Nov 20, 2010
- Culkin to exhibit paintings - Sep 11, 2012
- Mike Tyson 'follows what wife says' - Nov 04, 2010
- Mike Tyson gets back in the ring for his new TV show five years after retiring - Mar 15, 2011
- Goa chief minister to pen 'hilarious, bestselling' memoir (Goa Newsletter) - May 11, 2012
- When De Niro disguised himself as homeless man - Mar 03, 2012
- English mass-market books tap Hindi speakers (Feature) - Aug 10, 2012
- WWE Smackdown: Tyson Kidd vs Sin Cara - Jul 09, 2011
- Courtney Love 'wanted to snort dead husband Kurt Cobain's ashes' - Mar 16, 2011
- Courtney Love calls Kurt Cobain's money "cursed" - Apr 29, 2010
- When McGregor was mistaken for Cobain's ghost by a couple - May 20, 2009
- Hollyoaks' Gary Lucy to star as Kurt Cobain in new play - Mar 20, 2010
Tags: autobiography, best seller, book proposal, cellmate, heavyweight boxing champion, irving place, kurt cobain, kurt cobain journals, leaks, memoir, mike tyson, million dollars, new york post, publishers, unreleased song