Mike Rupp Leaves New York Devils To Sign A Two Year Contract With Pittsburgh PenguinsJuly 2nd, 2009 - 6:44 pm ICT by GD
Mike Rupp, the American professional ice hockey player who played a pivotal role in New Jersey Devil’s success has reportedly signed a two year contract with Pittsburgh Penguins. The Devils agreed to a two year 1.65 million dollars contract with the Penguins on Wednesday. Rupp, a native of Cleveland will be playing close to the ‘old stomping’ grounds, only an hour and a half away from his off season home.
“It is ironic. It wasn’t planned at that way but it’s obviously a bonus. That organization is on the top of the hockey world and built to have a good chance of staying there. I want to be a part of that team and contribute to the team as well,” Rupp quips. Allan Walsh, the manager of Mike Rupp had a word with the Devils regarding the issue but nothing came out of the meeting. The Penguins were pushing hard in order to recruit Rupp in their team.
While commenting on his views regarding Penguin, Rupp said, “They came at me pretty good today. I was impressed by that. I feel good about the situation. They really wanted me to be a part of them.” When asked about whether the Penguins had signed Rupp in order to play with Sidney or Evgeni Malkin, the forward said, “I really don’t know. I don’t want any jobs to be taken.”
Rupp was reportedly disappointed with the performance of Devils. He sternly believes that the team has underachieved compared to what they did in the previous season. Rupp seemed to be quite content with the transfer and is ready to serve his tenure with the Penguins.
- West Indies team lacks consistency and confidence, says Walsh - Jun 21, 2011
- Adapt to English conditions to win: Walsh to Windies - May 02, 2012
- Park Ji-Sung switches to Queen's Park Rangers - Jul 10, 2012
- Sarwan plays down interest in West Indies tour - May 04, 2012
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
- Pittsburgh Penguins Signs Zbynek Michalek For $20 Million - Jul 02, 2010
- Alec Baldwin and Michelle Malkin slug it out on Twitter - Sep 23, 2011
- Six more Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Dec 01, 2011
- Pakistan's Shakeel Abbasi braves ban to play in WSH - Mar 02, 2012
- Farah first Briton to win Olympic 10,000m gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- IHF, Nimbus launch ambitious World Series Hockey - Dec 28, 2010
- HC verdict reinforces our stand on WSH: FIH - Feb 15, 2012
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas To Join Miami Heats - Jul 14, 2010
- Free-Agent Center Rob Niedermayer Signed By Buffalo Sabres - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: bonus, evgeni malkin, good chance, hockey player, hockey world, hour and a half, jobs, mike rupp, million dollars, new jersey devil, penguin, penguins, pittsburgh penguins, pivotal role, professional ice hockey, stomping grounds, tenure, year 1