Mike Cameron In Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red SoxDecember 16th, 2009 - 1:37 am ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Boston, Dec. 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The baseball teams in the United States have started to make preparations for the coming season and team officials have already started to book the best players for their team. As per the reports, the talented outfielder Mike Cameron, who has played for numerous teams earlier, has embarked on preliminary agreement with the Boston Red Sox team.
Though the reports of Mike Cameron’s preliminary agreement has surfaced, the officials of the team have not confirmed about the deal. Media sources also could not reach the player for any comments on this deal. However, a source who has information on the deal, spoke to the media on condition of anonymity and said that the reports of the deal are true. Yet, the deal is still verbal and they expect it to come in to effect within a short period of time. He has indicated that the deal would be finalized only after Mike Cameron passes the fitness examinations. The source also reported that if the deal is finalized then Boston Red Sox will pay Mike Cameron around $15 million for two years.
Mike Cameron, who is now a free agent, has played several spectacular games in his career. Fans are hopeful to see him in the jersey of Boston Red Sox. Not only Mike Cameron, but it has also been reported that Boston Red Sox has made a deal with John Lackey. According to some confidential sources, John Lackey has a five years deal with the team. Though there are several reports about Boston’s hiring new players, the officials are yet to confirm the deals.
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Adam Dunn Signs A $56 Million Deal With Chicago White Sox - Dec 03, 2010
- Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League Baseball - Mar 11, 2010
- Theo Epstein to be the new GM of Chicago Cubs - Oct 12, 2011
- Manny Ramirez And Johnny Damon Hired By Tampa Bay Rays - Jan 22, 2011
- Cop fired for Carl Crawford slur - Jul 27, 2012
- Red Sox Acquires Jeremy Hermida For Alvarez And Jones - Nov 06, 2009
- Xavier Nady May Become One Of The Chicago Cubs This Season - Jan 27, 2010
- Mike Gonzalez Expected To Be In Baltimore Orioles Squad - Dec 17, 2009
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Mark Teahen To Possibly Shift To Chicago White Sox - Nov 06, 2009
- Mike Nolan Leaves Denver Broncos, May Join Miami Dolphins - Jan 19, 2010
Tags: anonymity, baseball teams, boston red sox, confidential sources, fitness, free agent, games, john lackey, kar, media sources, meena, outfielder mike cameron, period of time, preliminary agreement, short period, team officials